What's the best power you guys have managed to get on ported OEM manifold? I've got almost all the required supporting mods for the 200hp setup, but my manifold is a stock one, only ported. I got 155hp on the fly and I'm thinking it might be the manifold that restricts the setup too much...

I have:

CT9 @ 1bar

Ported OEM mani

JAM ecu

decat

Fujitsubo catback

Apexi filter

Iridium plugs and ultra leads

FMIC

Edited by whitestar

my lord somthing is wrong there..

my old gt with the exact same mods minus the jam ecu (mine had stock) you have made 167 @ 0.8 bar...

would get it mapped and mabys change the manifold making sure it is ported... as seen oem manis make good power

Edited by iamlegend

Same here i made 175bhp @0.8bar stock ecu

Since fitting the blitz ecu i havent had it RR..Im running a stock ported manifold @1bar atm so i would like to see what bhp figher i make

The JAM ecu makes it run stupidly rich when boostin full boost on higher speeds, might even show 10.0 AFR on my AEM. Here's the dyno graph:

glanza_dyno.jpg

Might it be the way too rich mixture? Should I try lowering the boost to 0.65 and test it with stock ecu or could it just be the mani? Any other suggestions?

Oh right and the mani is ported for sure, I had it ported myself.

Edited by whitestar

I asked JayJ if we could try swapping our JAM ecus so I could go for a test drive with it. He's actually my only hope as I don't know of any other JAM ecus in finland. :D

One thing that might be behind these low power figures on dyno could be the dyno itself or the guy operating it. The car was dynoed in a local university....

Have you checked the valve timing and ignition timing. If these have been retarded by like 2 degrees you'll lose a fair amount of peak power.

No I haven't. Propably I should take it to some workshop that could check those....Although it runs just fine and feels quite fast, even compared to my mates jap spec s2000 honda!

I have to hop into JayJ's ride when he gets all his parts fitted to compare how it should feel. I still think it might be that it's running too rich so it loses power or then the dyno is piece of shit.

Yup, it's 124 from the wheel.

In the graph: orange on top is torque, red is at the fly, blue is at the wheels, pink is boost and green is power loss.

Edited by whitestar

Could it be something to do with the power loss figure, as you lose ~30hp from your maximum power? Would be interesting to see other members dynographs showing the power loss figures. :-)

I haven't had my Gt dyno'd yet but i used to have a ported stock mani, with the basic mods, bought an sps mani and it almost scared me how much more power i had in higher revs the first time i took it out :D