levin twinpot or celica singlepots?

Have just bought some levin twinpot brakes but after going to td and speaking to mike i think i might get 1 of there singlepot kits they have

What brakes does everyone else run and which is best?

Cheers keiran

Single pot FTW. You can get calipers and carriers for £100 and discs from WMS for sub £100

I ran them on track (1 bar CT9) properly abusing them and didn't get fade even once (stock GT4 pads, stock lines, no BCMS, DOT 5.1 Fluid). Amazing performance for the money

Levin twin pots all day mate! Ran then on my old n/a and abused them twice in a day with no fade what so ever. And before anyone says but it's an n/a they are slow, they came off a 300+ bhp glanza who also said they had no fade on an open pit lane track day ;)

Levin twin pots all day mate! Ran then on my old n/a and abused them twice in a day with no fade what so ever. And before anyone says but it's an n/a they are slow, they came off a 300+ bhp glanza who also said they had no fade on an open pit lane track day ;)

Depends what pads were on there too though! For £20 pads I was shocked at how good the single's were :lol:

Also the single's have a bigger disc 277.5mm so should perform better?

I want to upgrade my brakes too, im TD04 so dont want standard calipers. Ideally wanted to do it before it goes on the road but ohwell. Anyway WMS 4 pot kits are out of my budget atm so was thinking about the celica or levin calipers.

So buy the calipers/carriers of my choice and then WMS do bolt on discs for both or just celica atm ?? Then obviously source brake lines and pads too. Then happy days, no messing about with shims or that ??

The levin twin pots use less pressure and distribute the force of the pad better across the disc meaning less heat on the pistons and less chance of boiling brake fluid. If single pot was better, why would they make extra pot aftermarket brakes ;) lol.

Pads were included in the purchase never had to change them or discs from buying them, ran them for a year and then did the track days, sold them in still as almost new pads and discs. Got a pic of the pads somewhere when I sold them

Although the singles are much easier to get hold of

The levin twin pots use less pressure and distribute the force of the pad better across the disc meaning less heat on the pistons and less chance of boiling brake fluid. If single pot was better, why would they make extra pot aftermarket brakes ;) lol.

Pads were included in the purchase never had to change them or discs from buying them, ran them for a year and then did the track days, sold them in still as almost new pads and discs. Got a pic of the pads somewhere when I sold them

Although the singles are much easier to get hold of

I'm assuming the singles are better because the ST165 and Early ST185 were twinpots, and the single's were fitted to the late ST185.

I prefer the single pots myself. I prefer to have the larger discs as it has more thermal mass. Takes more time to heat a larger disc therefore its less likly for you to get brake fade. The larger disc dissipate the heat better aswell. The discs for the twinpots are puney in comparison.

I prefer the single pots myself. I prefer to have the larger discs as it has more thermal mass. Takes more time to heat a larger disc therefore its less likly for you to get brake fade. The larger disc dissipate the heat better aswell. The discs for the twinpots are puney in comparison.

This

Of course other factors play a role, but a bigger disc helps

Aren't they 265mm or something? I think Ishaq found a way of using 275mm discs with twin pots on his Corolla.

I've read a lot about levin and st brakes, they just seem to be a cock on to fit along with finding the correct discs and pads etc, does anyone have a definitive answer what is exactly needed for each setup, as thats my next upgrade.

I've read a lot about levin and st brakes, they just seem to be a cock on to fit along with finding the correct discs and pads etc, does anyone have a definitive answer what is exactly needed for each setup, as thats my next upgrade.

As above.

I've posted what needs to be done a good few times lol

Singles: Get the carriers and calipers and WMS discs. Or get some Astra discs machined (use the search to find what needs to be done)

I've posted what needs to be done a good few times lol

Singles: Get the carriers and calipers and WMS discs. Or get some Astra discs machined (use the search to find what needs to be done)

I have used the search function its my favourite button ;) but i have found a lot of conflicting arguments that things fit and things dont etc. whats the best way to go with the least amount of fuck on?

Well singles would be easier as you can get carrier calipers and pads from the celica then buy discs from wms then bolt it all on. they are also easier to get hold of then levin calipers

Amjad, ive read all the tutorials many times before. I was just hoping that now there is a better way than fucking about with astra discs, getting bits machined and shims / spacers made up or what not.

Amjad, ive read all the tutorials many times before. I was just hoping that now there is a better way than fucking about with astra discs, getting bits machined and shims / spacers made up or what not.

Well the way with least effort is WMS discs, because the Astra discs don't sit central to the caliper without work (they're also too big and have loo large a centre bore)