• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done a couple of more bits and bobs on the car today :)

When my car went to be painted the guy who done it cut the tailgate loom and pushed the wires back in the roof lining this was a nightmare trying to get them back out, finally got the out and reconnected then fitted the tailgate panel with some posh push in clips :)

IMAG1392_zps13c18fd4.jpg

Also fitted new screws on the lock :) no doubt that panel will be back off soon to be flocked :)

Also removed the rear abs sensors and the brackets are hanging so replaced the with some of these,

IMAG1401_BURST002_COVER_zps73895120.jpg

Excuse the state of the handbrake cables they will be getting replaced :) excuse the photo quality!

Also refitted the passenger side seat hopefully they will be getting changed soon though but will do for now :) also refitted the steering surround with all new screws can't see them though, and also refitted the flocked panel down in the drivers footwell looking nice inside now :) will get some decent photos tomorrow :)

Gearbox oil arrived today :)

image_zps5382f839.jpg

Even come with a air freshener :) got that striaght in the car!

image_zps042a5cbf.jpg

I got an obsession with air fresheners, obviously my starlet isn't getting used but I still buy air fresheners to put in it, got the love a nice smelling car ;)

Done a bit on the car so far today :)

Gear box oil in and engine oil in, :)

The other roose motorsport rad hose on

image_zps65def1b4.jpg

Also connected up the braided clutch line :)

The old massive ct9 kit is on hahaha, the only reason this is on because I want to fire it up this week :)

And also a quick question, what do you think about starting it with no rad on? Obviously it's going to be running for long about 30 seconds?

Looking at my engine bay today I it was driving me crazy how shocking the standard turbo kit looks so I put the over the top so I can't see it :)

image_zpsf0b412a4.jpg

Also as you know I have removed my heaters to I need to loop around the pipes on the engine, I was going. Get on the phone to roose motorsport to see if they could sort me one but I thought I would try one of the pipes and fitted perfect which is good news :)

I want a couple of things in my bay polished so I thought I would give it ago on some old stuff I had, :)

image_zpsebc6b692.jpg

From this

image_zpsc3545ab0.jpg

To this :)

image_zps837110c4.jpg

Isn't yet finished!

Top of an old inlet I had :)

image_zpscb1799a7.jpg

image_zps3c8874ab.jpg

So what I had done is old stuff but tomorrow I'm going to do something in the engine bay :)

I know of a certain Zisco cruise style GT28 kit that would tie in nicely with this build :) Sure you've seen it in the F/S section, Shaun's kit :)

The standard left side heater pipe is the one that fits nice, you got any plans for a replacement electric unit ?