We had one traded into work, i snuck out in it and ehh, 'road tested' it, was a good drive tbh. There defo is a lack of power there though, but goes sideways easy enough. Was expecting it to sound like a scooby with it being a flat 4 but it doesnt.

The TRD ones in white make me cream a bit. Same power as a normal one but.

We had one traded into work, i snuck out in it and ehh, 'road tested' it, was a good drive tbh. There defo is a lack of power there though, but goes sideways easy enough. Was expecting it to sound like a scooby with it being a flat 4 but it doesnt.

The TRD ones in white make me cream a bit. Same power as a normal one but.

I'm not to fussed on the power as will mainly be for misses to drive to work etc and for me to play around with at week ends :) it's a white trd one we are looking at, I told her its either a gt86, a focus st, Hyundai velocitor turbo or the new Clio sport

I actually work at a Hyundai dealer, the turbo veloster is decent enough, but go for the TRD GT86 mate :)

The veloster does look a cool car I love the rear with the two exhaust in the middle, well I will see how the drive goes Tomos if the misses likes the 86 then happy days she did want a corsa Vxr but I told her I would not pay a penny towards it then lol

The turbo veloster is an awesome looking car, but it is nothing compared to the 86.

Oh and being a Hyundai i can guarantee the veloster will have a recall list as long as your arm haha, i've replaced 3 panoramic sunroofs on velosters just this week !!

Dont get a VXR, the diffs/gearboxes are ment to be made of cheese lol.

The turbo veloster is an awesome looking car, but it is nothing compared to the 86.

Oh and being a Hyundai i can guarantee the veloster will have a recall list as long as your arm haha, i've replaced 3 panoramic sunroofs on velosters just this week !!

Dont get a VXR, the diffs/gearboxes are ment to be made of cheese lol.

I will take your advise about the veloster then lol and trust me she won't be having any vauxhall I hate the things the depreciate like mad are proper boring and die to early lol I would get a mk6 gti golf for her but am bored of vag working for them so can't bare to drive another at home lol

I've heard that its not worth the extra to have the TRD pack, although if you want some JDM points and possibly something to hold onto as they will become rare eventually then I suppose I can see the extra value in it.

Fantastic drive, responding well to tuning so far also, highly recommended.

Personal preference on the TRD version, but it wasn't for us.

Lots of parts already available and we're working on a line of products at the moment too, including turbo kits.

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Gt86 is gorgeous i drove 1 when i was buying a new car. Too slow though. You dont get enough bang for your buck buy something else.

Fuck a corsa vxr thats what i got rid of lol. I had it for 2 years and when i traded it in it needed a clutch a head gasket. I done about 3 rear wheel bearings in 2 years its the most unreliable shitty car ever all in 50k miles. They are pretty fast in a straight line tho and do look good but drink fuel.

The new astra vxr is pricey about the same as a gt86 and i drove 1 aswell they are incredible probably 1 of the best hot hatches ever. Insanely fast handles incredibly unlike the old 1 jus absolute sex. Downsides being 20mpg 20inch wheels and 4k brembo front brakes.

Personally in your shoes id go for a new shape subaru, a nissan 350/370z or obviously a bmw 330i or even better d. That way it has looks reliability speed fuel economy and cheap tax. Its a no brainer. I eneded up buying an e92 320d and fucking love it. Not the fastest but 180bhp not far off the gt86. Does 55 mpg and 100 a year road tax.

For me it was in a different league.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Gt86 is gorgeous i drove 1 when i was buying a new car. Too slow though. You dont get enough bang for your buck buy something else.

Fuck a corsa vxr thats what i got rid of lol. I had it for 2 years and when i traded it in it needed a clutch a head gasket. I done about 3 rear wheel bearings in 2 years its the most unreliable shitty car ever all in 50k miles. They are pretty fast in a straight line tho and do look good but drink fuel.

The new astra vxr is pricey about the same as a gt86 and i drove 1 aswell they are incredible probably 1 of the best hot hatches ever. Insanely fast handles incredibly unlike the old 1 jus absolute sex. Downsides being 20mpg 20inch wheels and 4k brembo front brakes.

Personally in your shoes id go for a new shape subaru, a nissan 350/370z or obviously a bmw 330i or even better d. That way it has looks reliability speed fuel economy and cheap tax. Its a no brainer. I eneded up buying an e92 320d and fucking love it. Not the fastest but 180bhp not far off the gt86. Does 55 mpg and 100 a year road tax.

For me it was in a different league.

I would never get a vauxhall any way being corsa or Astra I hate them lol and as for bmws I can't stand them either I had a e36 m3 and sold it in 3 week mega cheap as I hated it for being boring to drive and lacking any thing fun so would never have another BMW,

We took the TRD gt86 out and looked at the figures as said its not the most amazingly powerful car but is nice to drive but my misses don't really want to pay a extra 5k for the trd bumpers, wheels and exhaust, I did not mind as its an affordable amount for us the half each so she wants to try a few other cars then we will decide.