I was using rainsports all round dude, wet and dry day. Lap times were consistent top times against many very fast cars, (Laptimes are in my build thread).

It wasnt a problem the oversteer if anything it was good especially when we did the damp day. Under very hard braking and through the chicane the back was always trying to come out.

Next sprint im going to lower the car a bit more and have another fiddle with the damping, see if i can make it neutralish with a bit of oversteer, This was advice given to me by the tech guy there and andrew mckenna (Ice driver)

What setup did you have on the handling track mike? Looks like it handles well on the short stuff

Edit this is the guy who took me out, and this is the same track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1N_KZuXGkM

-2.2 front camber toe is set at zero 10kg front spring 6kg rear bc racing coilover front fully soft rear 4 clicks hard fully poly bushed standard front ARB with poly drop links adjustable RARB toyo proxes r1r tyres front tyre pressure 25psi rear tyre 28psi I've tried different setups and like this one bit of understeer at low speed neutral at high speed. Trial and error mate

Edited by Mad Mike EP82
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lift off oversteer is driver error not car setup

Lol keep 'er lit

Ive always oem shocks and found I needed rarb to keep the arse down. Before fitting it the car would oversteer, after fitting the car was more balanced although my driving style changed. I freely admit I drive like a wanker all day everyday.

I kept my 145_70_13 until I had balanced the car to suit my style and thats the key, tune to suit your style. I have always said to fit a rarb as a first mod above and before all else. A starlet rocking standard everything to best improved by fitting a rarb, the re sale value of which will always be £100. Coilovers are £700 roughly these days so if someone asks me how to improve their starlet I always say "Rear arb- stick a wanted thread on tgtt" lmao...

I mentioned tyres.

I didn't say nobody mentioned it, seen a couple write about it, i said i think everyone is overlooking it, because imo its one of the first things i would do ( like you said ) :)

i had kumho ecstas on mine when i did track day,carwas massively controllable and never had any understeer or oversteer and drove on the limits alot

You can't have the found the limit otherwise you would've had either oversteer or understeer. :p

I wooped peoples asses with much more powerful cars and surprised alot of people.out braked and out cornered multiple times despite having 70 bhp.them tyres were fab but then my cars incredibly well setup also to make good use of the kumhos

• 2 years later...