Skimmys 285bhp Forged TD04 glanza !!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a stunning EP mate! :) looks really clean and well looked after! :( shame about your engine! :(

I had mine forged from TD it was a stage 2 engine with td04 setup! I used it as a daily and was brilliant it never skipped a beat!, really reliable and had a really fast car @ 1.4bar if a scooby or evo tried their luck! ;) we changed oil every 5-6k so its not as bad as everyone is making out to be regarding servicing bud! But good luck and hope all goes well skimmy! ;)

This is a stunning EP mate! :) looks really clean and well looked after! :( shame about your engine! :(

I had mine forged from TD it was a stage 2 engine with td04 setup! I used it as a daily and was brilliant it never skipped a beat!, really reliable and had a really fast car @ 1.4bar if a scooby or evo tried their luck! ;) we changed oil every 5-6k so its not as bad as everyone is making out to be regarding servicing bud! But good luck and hope all goes well skimmy! ;)

Thanks very much !

And ok that sounds great. Just let it heat up and cool down as usual etc

How long did td take to build it start to finish if you don't mind me asking?

Aye it was brilliant! I would run a ct9 with it as well if your not wantn td04! At least u know its all gnna b done right and will last for years to come lol! :) and I never booked mine in when I had td04 took 4-5weeks? But they could do it much faster if u book it in? Just depends how busy they are and how long the waiting list is? Best givin the Jones bros a call! ;)

Aye it was brilliant! I would run a ct9 with it as well if your not wantn td04! At least u know its all gnna b done right and will last for years to come lol! :) and I never booked mine in when I had td04 took 4-5weeks? But they could do it much faster if u book it in? Just depends how busy they are and how long the waiting list is? Best givin the Jones bros a call! ;)

Yas! Yea for sure man least I have room for bigger turbos at a later date! Ok that's good, my block might need machining depending on damage 😟 need to sell my jam ecu to buy some more parts

Well. One step closer !

I have booked my car into tuning developments for the end Of next month,

That gives me some time to buy some parts that I need,

A half rad with fan

An uprated fuel pump

A fuel pressure regulator kit

Boost gauge (socks is hooking me up with that)

Few other bits and bobs

But there the main things

why dont you get mike to fit the other parts as he has them in stock down at hq ? speaking to mike on the phone yesterday mines has to wait 5 weeks to go back down for some work so you could be waiting a while as they are mega busy.

with regards to warm up/cool down just dont take it above 3k rpm untill the engine is up to temp and then wait a few miles after that to ensure box oil is warm aswell,

I hope your planning on running a mahooosive turbo in the future a forged engine is wasted on a ct9 imo but i know its all money and hopefully youll get round to it, i may be selling my setup eventually anyway can give you a hand to fit it if you wish to buy it lol :p

anyway keep us upto date and enjoy it when you get it

why dont you get mike to fit the other parts as he has them in stock down at hq ? speaking to mike on the phone yesterday mines has to wait 5 weeks to go back down for some work so you could be waiting a while as they are mega busy.

with regards to warm up/cool down just dont take it above 3k rpm untill the engine is up to temp and then wait a few miles after that to ensure box oil is warm aswell,

I hope your planning on running a mahooosive turbo in the future a forged engine is wasted on a ct9 imo but i know its all money and hopefully youll get round to it, i may be selling my setup eventually anyway can give you a hand to fit it if you wish to buy it lol :p

anyway keep us upto date and enjoy it when you get it

Mine is booked in for the 27th dude ! So that's when it's going down

Yea man that's in the pipelines but I will need to pay for this forged build first lol

He is fitting my parts but there's a few that I want extra etc so i will buy them and get them to fit them for me 😃 the cars gonna have a few good parts to fit lol

Yea deffo mail me about your setup dude

Gorgeous car !

Nice emanage blue :p

Nice build thread you got coming along , wish I started one when I got mine

Thanks very much ! And you mean my overnight japan ecu ? Haha !

You should start one? It's never too late 😃

I would just like to say that every day is a learning day for me with this car and sorting out this build !

Thanks very much for all the help and answering all my silly wee questions!

Also I would like to thank rob and Ryan and mike from tuning developments as they must be driven nuts with all my questions lol

Mine is booked in for the 27th dude ! So that's when it's going down

Yea man that's in the pipelines but I will need to pay for this forged build first lol

He is fitting my parts but there's a few that I want extra etc so i will buy them and get them to fit them for me the cars gonna have a few good parts to fit lol

Yea deffo mail me about your setup dude

Thats what mikes there for :) ill mail you nearer the time ross, my cars going back down in a few weeks for some work aswell, youll be down before me so ill be able to get a good look around yours if they have started on it by the time i go down .

Whats the spec list going to be upon its return ?

Thats what mikes there for :) ill mail you nearer the time ross, my cars going back down in a few weeks for some work aswell, youll be down before me so ill be able to get a good look around yours if they have started on it by the time i go down .

Whats the spec list going to be upon its return ?

No bother dude !

Yea it's booked for the 27th and they said 8 weeks till it's back 😟

Stage 2 forged engine

Emanage blue

Front mount cooler

Fuel presure regulator

Fuel pump

Half rad and fan (mines leaking)

Ran in and mapped on my emanage

And hopefully mapped about 1.1 bar on my hybrid Ct9 and see what wee can get out of it

Then pretty much simply enjoy it, take it to crail (if it's ready for banzai) have a few runs

And then take it from there where to go next

Mike said it would be nice to have a fpr

It would be nice lol I just don't know why it's needed as I thought a map sorts all the fueling, ask him what his view is on 1bar vs 1.1 bar I'm having a debate in the other section of making more reliable power at 1 bar lol :)

It would be nice lol I just don't know why it's needed as I thought a map sorts all the fueling, ask him what his view is on 1bar vs 1.1 bar I'm having a debate in the other section of making more reliable power at 1 bar lol :)

What do you mean by that? What's the gains in .1 of a bar ?

What do you mean by that? What's the gains in .1 of a bar ?

The emb should control everything to do with the fuel timing etc I figure it would control the pressure aswell as it's the brain of the car, people say running 1bar is better power for a ct9I'm after people's opinions that's all :)

The emb should control everything to do with the fuel timing etc I figure it would control the pressure aswell as it's the brain of the car, people say running 1bar is better power for a ct9I'm after people's opinions that's all :)

So your saying 1.0 bar is better than running 1.1 bar? How is that if you don't mind me asking ?

So your saying 1.0 bar is better than running 1.1 bar? How is that if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm trying to get people's opinions on it I don't know, the problem is heat that extra bit heat it's a post I'm trying to see what people think..the JAM tuning wizards made an actuator for a pre set 1 bar, why not 1.1 they ran a hybrid to, but the HKS actuator goes to 1.2? At 1 bar it may run less strain on the turbo and deliver the power better...don't mean to infiltrate your thread!

I'm trying to get people's opinions on it I don't know, the problem is heat that extra bit heat it's a post I'm trying to see what people think..the JAM tuning wizards made an actuator for a pre set 1 bar, why not 1.1 they ran a hybrid to, but the HKS actuator goes to 1.2? At 1 bar it may run less strain on the turbo and deliver the power better...don't mean to infiltrate your thread!

Hmm I'm not sure, I will ask him for you dude see what he thinks