Why do people spend all this money?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the time it's to do with insurance costs going up massively after forging and other times people spend a lot to get it finished and then realise how in debt they are after its finished

No not a certain person, I see it on here all the time, 1000 miles like the one that came up this morning is just an example I don't want to offend anyone :) IMO I think it's stupid after spending all that time and money people would appreciate it more and not have it running a week then break the car

I think some of the time it's to do with insurance costs going up massively after forging and other times people spend a lot to get it finished and then realise how in debt they are after its finished

didn't think of it that way :/ but should of checked before they built , I couldn't do it , at least have a good few months if fun out of it first :)

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING A GIMP?

on another hand....

I am coming to a conclusion I cant keep a car longer than 1 year..... white glanza bang on 1 year/supra NA 6 months/GT turbo ep82 11 months/supra TT 10 months :lol:

nope not in debt one single bit!

sick of fuck of spending on cars specially when am saving for a HOUSE A FUCKING DAMN FUCKING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

but who knows....

Edited by iamlegend

Oh dear.. Kids.

A big reason in my opinion is you suddenly realise you have thousands, and thousands of pounds in something that is still a 20 year old Toyota, especially if it's your only car. Or you have a shit box daily that you're becoming increasingly frustrated driving, and you figure that all the money that's been put into the Starlet can go on something much nicer.

As stated, just my opinion.

Calm down people don't want another locked thread lol

We all have our own reasons for selling or breaking cars we all regret it in the end and not all of us can see the sense behind it but needs must :)

Iamlegend is back for the second time and hopefully not the last, myself will be back at somepoint as I miss my starlet and then there matt1878....... I need say no more :)

James

We all have our own reasons for selling or breaking cars we all regret it in the end and not all of us can see the sense behind it but needs must :)

Iamlegend is back for the second time and hopefully not the last, myself will be back at somepoint as I miss my starlet and then there matt1878....... I need say no more :)

James

So much love!

However me and my starlet are currently not friends as she still doesnt want to start!! STOP BEING A BITCH MOFO

To many gimps with too much money

who the fuck said I called you a gimp? I said I didn't point the finger at you didn't I!

No not a certain person, I see it on here all the time, 1000 miles like the one that came up this morning is just an example I don't want to offend anyone :) IMO I think it's stupid after spending all that time and money people would appreciate it more and not have it running a week then break the car

really? my engine for sale...

Edited by iamlegend

But why spend it on them in the first place? It's like buying a house then spending thousands on it doing it up then stripping it back down for parts lol, and at no point did I point the finger at iamlegend, I was just saying people in general

really?

yeah really , it's not just you on here matey breaking cars after a 1000 miles, and I said GIMPS not GIMP, and read the title it says " why do PEOPLE spend all this money?" And not " why do iamlegend spend all this money and end up breaking?" Edited by dangeestarlet

well why not a house idea has only come up in the last couple weeks hahah!

always wanted to forge a glanza and now its done

James

4th starlet this is dude haha

next one will be a red V :p

Edited by iamlegend

I would like a red one at some point myself iamlegend.

not a V though. yuk.

we all need different things at different points in life.

i wish i still had my Ep82 gt advance it was sweet, but if i had concentrated on other things a while back and sold the car. i would but much worse off now.

i got married, changed jobs, bought a house, bought a mk2 gt now as a project.

already forged, got a big turbo kit ready for it and everything else bar wastegate and ECU.

The circle of life....

need someone to photoshop a black gt into the iconic lion king pic of simbas presentation to the kingdom.lol

simba.jpg

Phil

Edited by Philm

cus people don't appreciate them and the patience required to tune a car to that level....

get bored or put themselves into debt with them and then just cba and throw the towel in...

well said!!! exactly it imo!!! :)