Beaten your credit card debt or personal loan..

Hello to all!

So as it says on the tin really. I've recently fully repaid my credit card debt which I've been letting mount up for the past 2 and a bit years and it does feel epic not owing any dollar!

So share your stories of things you've purchased and wished you hadn't, nightmare stories and possibly good ways of switching cards to make the most of interest rates etc!

Tom.

I got my credit card when I was 18; I didn't meet any of the criteria regarding income, length of employment, had no credit history etc.

They promptly gave me a card with a £2k limit, which needless to say I maxed out :p Did clear it in a couple months though tbf so all was well. Of course this was all pre 'global meltdown'.

I'm much more careful now I've moved out and own my own place, it's way too easy to dig yourself into a hole and can be an absolute pain in the flaps getting back out!

Edited by uberphil88

Hahaha yeah definitely is a pain in the ass getting back out!! My first limit was £2,000 considering I was working full time at Tesco and only on about £800ish a month.

My current limit is ridiculous at £7,700 and In no way reflects my salary.

I think it's wrong the way you can up your limit online. I think it leaves weak willed people at the mercy of interest rates.

Perhaps they should cap it at say £5,000 online or something.

Tom.

hate paying off loans myself.

mortgage and personal loan soon eats into my 'spare' cash.

need to set up an over payment asap to get rid of my debt.

Phil

Edited by Philm

I personally really like the look of the mg zr's. what are they like to own??

Tom.

Dog shit had it a year n flogged it lmao boring slow unreliable poorly built handle really well tho

Edited by rinseep82

^^ too true! Ive vowed to never have a loan again! I would have been paying longer but I reclaimed the PPI off it and because theres an outstanding amount the reduction with the PPI taken off literally cut the outstanding amount in half! I think overall I lent about 5500 approx and from that I reclaimed 3400 in PPI with another 300 knocked off the outstanding amount! Couldn't believe it!

Got a £2,000 limit CC last year when i was needing to get the GT on the road, and that got stuffed with costs like coilovers, clutch etc etc. Cleared it off a couple of months ago, and just put the car insurance payment on it which I can easily clear. Trick is to not just let it get too out of hand.

I work for provident.. for some people It's like I deal crack. Fortunately I've been doing the job long enough to know when someone should'nt get a loan.

In my opinion noone should ever get a loan. When you borrow money they own you! There are more important things in life.. And the most important things in life ARE FREE!!

Tom.

Im 25 and have never owned a credit card and don't want one. My brothers the same at 27, his problem is he has absolutely no credit history. Whereas I've had a contracted phone which has contributed slightly lol

Im with most other people, if i want something ill save for it. The only 'loan' ill take out is a mortgage