• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the original post josh said he knows there reps but don't mind so why start saying its fake its crap? I seen a genuine sparco harness split in half the other day yet seen fake takatas stay strong some fakes are bollocks and some are good

exactly, people on here always try and put people down all the time, if you got nothing good to say don't say it atall

In the original post josh said he knows there reps but don't mind so why start saying its fake its crap? I seen a genuine sparco harness split in half the other day yet seen fake takatas stay strong some fakes are bollocks and some are good

That's my personal opinion on the matter. You could pick up a pair of seats from a reputable company for that price. You wouldn't run a fake SARD FPR because it might kill your engine, I wouldn't run a fake seat because one day it might kill me. That's my opinion on it anyway.

He also asked for thoughts, not just a load of people saying: it's proper good. Thoughts go 2 ways.

How can you give an a opinion if you have never had the seat? Just because its a rep you slate them and as for the fpr your saying that here but many people have run reps in the last and again the argument comes up and some will say it broke others will say its fine the same as toyo sports some crap some aint

Yea they're great if you want the look lol personally I wouldn't own a set but I have taken a new attitude to the whole subject of fake goods after the last upsetting conversation that was had.

I believe if you want seats that look like the genuine article then go get them... Wouldn't wanna be in a crash sat in one but its up to you at the end of the day,

I personally don't think any replica seat would be safe especially as you don't see what's under the fabric and foam. It's mass produced by some Chinese person ( :) ) in a factory somewhere.

And yes I still think Rotas suck but who cares what I think lol

Yea they're great if you want the look lol personally I wouldn't own a set but I have taken a new attitude to the whole subject of fake goods after the last upsetting conversation that was had.

I believe if you want seats that look like the genuine article then go get them... Wouldn't wanna be in a crash sat in one but its up to you at the end of the day,

I personally don't think any replica seat would be safe especially as you don't see what's under the fabric and foam. It's mass produced by some Chinese person ( :) ) in a factory somewhere.

And yes I still think Rotas suck but who cares what I think lol

I actually stripped my seats down to look for weak points, cracks and welds and gave the frames a good bash to see if they were solid and they were spot on

Edited by Glanza-Ben

it's fake and I have that seats before in my glanza and someday cracked all seat !!

How can you give an a opinion if you have never had the seat? Just because its a rep you slate them and as for the fpr your saying that here but many people have run reps in the last and again the argument comes up and some will say it broke others will say its fine the same as toyo sports some crap some aint

He had an opinion, it did shatter.

It's just a common theme. That one might not break, but then to pump out reps at a large scale corners are cut. That's just business. Many people have ran rep FPRs and theyve failed dismally in the past too, probably as many people who they have worked for. Personally, I, as in ME, not necesserily anyone else, wouldn't run it.

I've been about and tinkering with cars for years, I've also seen replica seats that have failed dismally. Even replicas with Bride material glued on them, generally the seat back can crack on fixed buckets where it curves.

But again, to reinforce the point, that's just MY opinion. Some others may love them, he asked for thoughts, he got them, is that OK with you? I'm sorry it wasn't positive, but that's life.

He had an opinion, it did shatter.

It's just a common theme. That one might not break, but then to pump out reps at a large scale corners are cut. That's just business. Many people have ran rep FPRs and theyve failed dismally in the past too, probably as many people who they have worked for. Personally, I, as in ME, not necesserily anyone else, wouldn't run it.

I've been about and tinkering with cars for years, I've also seen replica seats that have failed dismally. Even replicas with Bride material glued on them, generally the seat back can crack on fixed buckets where it curves.

But again, to reinforce the point, that's just MY opinion. Some others may love them, he asked for thoughts, he got them, is that OK with you? I'm sorry it wasn't positive, but that's life.

That's your opinion and mine was they ain't all that bad, I said a few times so are shite some are good like most mass produced cheap products but people still buy them cause its a gamble of weather it will be good or not for little money, if a frame starts to crack take the seat out strip it down then weld it up solid and make it more structural, or even just buy it and brace the shit out of it and its then a solid seat and still cheaper then the real item with some added strength there's always gonna be two sides to the arguement on reps and real but now with goods the market is full of reps and they are getting better admittedly they ain't all the best but its again like the difference between rota grids and rays what you pay for is what you get

That's your opinion and mine was they ain't all that bad, I said a few times so are shite some are good like most mass produced cheap products but people still buy them cause its a gamble of weather it will be good or not for little money, if a frame starts to crack take the seat out strip it down then weld it up solid and make it more structural, or even just buy it and brace the shit out of it and its then a solid seat and still cheaper then the real item with some added strength there's always gonna be two sides to the arguement on reps and real but now with goods the market is full of reps and they are getting better admittedly they ain't all the best but its again like the difference between rota grids and rays what you pay for is what you get

That's pretty much what I said lol horses for courses and that, the quality is getting better that's a given. But it's still a gamble I wouldn't wanna risk £270 on :p £100 I'd consider it lol

That's pretty much what I said lol horses for courses and that, the quality is getting better that's a given. But it's still a gamble I wouldn't wanna risk £270 on :p £100 I'd consider it lol

£270 is either alot to some or penny's to others lol

My misses hated my impreza seats they were either did not hold her or gave her bad back but she loves sitting it the bride reps as they hold you in nice and are more comfy saying that I have the kuga reclining model not the fixed set

Here we go again lol, i say just don't ask an opinion if you desire to buy a replica item then safety issues don't have to be talked about, wheels are one thing just blatant wannabe copies but seats lol I'd stand back and have a think before you do that, would you put a child in a replica seat ?

Okay so, basically..

Im on a budget, and cant afford at the moment to spend thousands on some REAL Brides, especially seeing as though i only have a N/A, i wont be able to build up enough speed to get in a bad crash.

The standard seats are gash and outdated, i want something that looks and feels better, i've taken out my drivers air bag for my steering wheel anyway, so safety's out of the window. I want something comfortable to sit in and reps are a good choice.

Im a big fan of the whole "jdm" market and so want to keep a theme, by brides and not recaro's (by the way i have no fault in recaros),

Just personal preference. If i had a glanza i would spend the cash not even worth thinking about in a N/A.

Thanks for the advice guys!, I appreciate the warning, rather than letting me kill myself, so i respect all comments! :)