Another cracked manifold

After the issues I've had with my WEPR CT9 manifold, I ditched the lot and went TD04 last year. Now 1 day before JAE, the exhaust mani has cracked and it's running like a pig :(

TD04Mani_Crack.PNG

Edited by Arnold

It's from a known trader but as they've offered to repair it, I won't name. Been fitted about a year now and was mapped back then, and also after my head gasket was changed.

Edited by Arnold

Not gone through any puddles deliberately, and it's mostly driven in the dry although you can't help being caught out in the rain sometimes,

Anyway, I've driven it to Fusion as I want it repaired for JAE and its now snapped clean in half. Shockingly, the metal is only about 1-1.5mm thick which is probably why it's cracked! Very surprised its not thicker considering it should be at least 2-3mm plus. I'll upload some more photos later

When it's getting rewelded make sure the inside of the manifold is squeaky clean, any carbon deposits from the exhaust gas will weaken the weld. Also make sure it's welded with tig by a skilled workman.

If it looks like bird shit, reject it! it will only cause you more grief if you dont. The repair should look like the original welds.

When it's getting rewelded make sure the inside of the manifold is squeaky clean, any carbon deposits from the exhaust gas will weaken the weld. Also make sure it's welded with tig by a skilled workman.

If it looks like bird shit, reject it! it will only cause you more grief if you dont. The repair should look like the original welds.

Cheers the re-weld looked all good / clean etc before it was refitted and the extra bracing should hopefully stop it falling apart again

Has it been repaired before?

No mate, bought it new last year