Lexus is200's

Seen a guy in my shop today with a limited edition ( or do he says, i dunno the difference ) is200, was low as fook with grid v's and looked awesome, then he started it and took off, sounded immense! Wouldn't mind one as a daily, anyone owned/own one? Are they any use? Or an altezza maybe? The noise has made me want one, it really did sound the dogs danglys! Haha

E71CB9AF-10DF-4FA8-9760-F3059012AB2A-197

My old Altezza, had a boosted one too. Can't recommend them enough, they're a bit thirsty when your giving them death (3SGE and its 8kish rev limit) but as a daily they're comfy, quick enough and predictable. IS200's are better for Turboing though if you wanna go mental!

i had a altezza for a few months, class car to drive but it was hard on the juice, 220bhp beams engine had loads of trd goodies too, the sideways action was unreal from it too!

would deff recommend one! dont bother with the uk is200's there very underpowered with the big lazy 6 cylinder! the altezza has a 4 cylinder 3sge tuned by yamaha!

miss it thats why ive bought a s15 project :D

That was a factory option, if you go see one make sure it's a Z edition, they came with the diff etc. most of them have the TRD diff, an Altezza AS200 is the same as a UK spec IS200. Standard suspension is a bit boat like mind you lol

Is that the wagon type, IS300 ? They look awsome.

The wagon type is the 'SportBack'. They do look the tits, I really like them! Majority of those are IS300's.

Saloons are generally imports.

A slammed and boosted sportback would be shit hot.

It would be my first rwd car too lol is there ever much bother when it comes to the engine or can they take a good bit if wreckin? Seen a blue supercharged one on gumtree but it had a ghastly body kit on it lol a supra engine in one and i would live for a day in it, would definitely park it in a wall! Haha

That is sexual!

It would be my first rwd car too lol is there ever much bother when it comes to the engine or can they take a good bit if wreckin? Seen a blue supercharged one on gumtree but it had a ghastly body kit on it lol a supra engine in one and i would live for a day in it, would definitely park it in a wall! Haha

That is sexual!

I think it was my 1st RWD car too, they're fairly bomb proof, the coil packs are prone to dying! Brown ring of death and a £100 bill later! I had 3 of them go in a year. Aside from that they're solid. They don't take well to anything over a bar of boost generally unless they're perfectly mapped, high compression ratio etc.

YouTube the blitz supercharger they sound insane and work on a clutch, so they're only active when the pedals more than halfway depressed to save fuel!

Edited by Addymk2

That^^ sounds like something out of forza! Want want want!!!!!! Haha id say it will be left basically stsndard engine wise at the start anyway, big silly exhaust and a set of coilys! Then look into buying one of them bad mofo's!!^ lol