Thought I'd update my thread here.... It's been another expensive month or so.

I bought a Zisco manifold :)

imagejpg1_zpsffda5372.jpg

Also got a short route pipe which it almost there I just need to find a pipe to go from there straight to intercooler as the pipe is sticking right out of the bottom and scraping lol

imagejpg2_zpse89c6a3d.jpg

My JAM ECU ...

imagejpg3_zpscfde8b9c.jpg

And finally I painted the calipers ! Before....

imagejpg4_zps83fe5120.jpg

After...

imagejpg5_zps1d70b12e.jpg

Was hoping to get around 180- 200bhp with the mods I have now but as per usual something is holding it back and and only making 127 at the wheels and 154 at fly. So got to get whatever it is sorted :( will get there eventually.

Edited by Kate
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gizzmo boost controller and running is at .87 at the mo, anything more it just doesn't go any quicker. Something is holding it back :( x

Try unplugging your boost controller what is the actuator set at? If you have a boost gauge look at what your boosting at through that as they are more accurate...make sure all the pipes to the actuator and turbo are correct..I had a gizzmo on a HKS actuator mine wouldn't run properly so I sold the ebc and just ran boost off the actuator hope this helps

The guys at the dyno set actuator and I can't remember what it was set at lol!!

I have only got the gizzmo controller gauge :(

It's getting all a but technical for me now lol I am pretty sure all pipes are going to correct place.

The guys at the dyno set actuator and I can't remember what it was set at lol!!

I have only got the gizzmo controller gauge :(

It's getting all a but technical for me now lol I am pretty sure all pipes are going to correct place.

Ring and ask, if your turbo is on it's last stand just set the actuator at 0.9 by measuring the length there is a graph on here somewhere. I would invest in a boost gauge they are more accurate...the HKS one's are usually a good price what does you gauge read atm?

Yeah I need to get some gauges as I only have the gizzmo one. It seems to hold boost fine.

BUT I did notice the previous owner (one of) took the engine light out so I checked for codes and it's come up with code 52... Knock sensor or ECU! Grrr

• 4 weeks later...

Soooo just a little update... Was hoping to get quite a few things done this month but when I realised the previous owner had removed the knock sensor completely and advanced the timing so much it was off scale I needed to sort all that out. Does run a lot better now but still over fuelling so I think I will get a fuel pressure reg and see if that helps at all. I did, however, buy a momo steering wheel....

imagejpg1_zpsd4e3c877.jpg

Anyway, managed to get a few decent pictures of the car last weekend :).....

Couple of pictures of the wheels -

imagejpg1_zps1adb929d.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsfe9ddbb8.jpg

:)

imagejpg2_zps29b77f6f.jpg

imagejpg3_zps1a59adf8.jpg

imagejpg6_zps67635073.jpg

imagejpg1_zps3799d320.jpg

imagejpg5_zps2cc6c0b3.jpg

imagejpg9_zps52cfc4cb.jpg

imagejpg8_zpsa14d9bdd.jpg

My pride and joy :)

imagejpg2_zps59456fc3.jpg

Trying to get my car ready for the dreaded MOT next weekend but after that I want to get my front bumper sprayed etc and get some gauges.

Let me know what you all think :)

Kate

Cheers :)

It's always had those lights since I got it!

Sorry I missed the meet... Didn't know anything about it until about half 7 yesterday eve... Which was a bit too late notice.

Will defo make it next time though :)

• 1 year later...

I literally have had nothing but trouble with my car for the past few months.

So after trying to figure out why my car kept over heating we finally got it looked at and the head gasket had gone so just as I had bought a house I had to pay out a £1000 (inc all parts like timing belt etc etc) for that to be sent off and sorted. When I got the car back it was still really smokey and stunk of burning oil so I took it back to the garage and they have told me my bottom end is possibly going, before I do anything drastic I'm going to get it tested with some diagnostic tool my friend has but chances are I am going to have to do a rebuild on the bottom end as I won't just do half a job. So that's going to cost another load of money!

Anyway after being told that a week later I was driving towards my work car park and they had put nice new electric gates up BUT they had also put a big bit of metal poking out of the ground... Well I practically got beached on it and struggled getting off of it... When I finally got off I realised I had put a hole in my exhaust or something like that as I could hear it blowing... Couldn't see anything underneath so lifted the bonnet and saw this lovely crack in my downpipe!!!

I am slowly starting to dislike my car at the moment!!!

image_zpsc2a9baaj.jpg

I am hoping my luck will start to change soon!

I'm going to have to carry blocks of wood around with me to get in and out of the car park now too!!

Aghh!

Down pipe is now sorted and my mate doesn't think it's the bottom end going so may need turbo seals doing which would be cheaper :) fingers crossed it's just that x

Edited by Kate