• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update of parts.

I finally have all the bits to build my forged 5efte.

First off is the ecu which I'm not sure if I posted about or not. It's a wolf v4x from Tuning Developments

Wolf%20V4X%20Standalone%20ECU%202.jpg

I have got my speedvision cams, blitz boost controller which I may just sell as the v4x can control boost.

New Wilwood brake setup with braided lines.

IMG_20160117_141612_zpszfoeyiuw.jpg

The innovate wideband will be fitted along with my exhaust when the 5e engine goes in to ensure fitment is perfect. I will be doing away with the stock exhaust flange and using a vband setup.

Also picked up a bride drivers rail, so is currently a bit of a botch job so this will be a good replacement.

IMG-20160117-WA0006_zpsdfsdk1ki.jpg

IMG-20160117-WA0005_zpsvulouaw5.jpg

I haven't got any pictures but I also picked up a fibreglass rear bootlid to go with my fibreglass wings and bonnet so I should hopefully save a bit of weight.

Next up is a cage and that's the car fully ready for the track.

I got my 74.5mm forged wiseco pistons from Tim at to developments who I would use again. Great service!

IMG-20160114-WA0053_zpsvkrkzula.jpeg

Edited by karl.

Karl top job mate on the V, I never liked silver ones because Silver and White were imported in unreal amounts to Ireland if it wasnt Silver it

was white haha.........there few and far between no and this my friend is unreal looking Silver V fair play bud as i said top job :D

Karl top job mate on the V, I never liked silver ones because Silver and White were imported in unreal amounts to Ireland if it wasnt Silver it

was white haha.........there few and far between no and this my friend is unreal looking Silver V fair play bud as i said top job :D

Cheers lad!

Good strong light wheels

Not a combo to be sniffed at, really looking forward to seeing this out on track and hopefully at a few sprint events as well.

Phil

Hopefully get the engine threw together within the next month or so then get it fitted and mapped. A few sprit events would really put the car to some use

I like the new wheels, suit it better than the buddy clubs imo

I don't think I will keep them too long. I may go for some silver Japan racing wheels! Maybe jr15's.

Thanks but.

• 7 months later...

Same spec as Phil's, they are the latest speedvison's.

Got the engine in and running today, cams sound good. Just need to get a oil feed and return for my turbo made up and I'll be ready for a Base map.

What turbo at what boost? What cam spec? Quick work!

I'll be running a gtx2871 and I'm hoping to really push it on to around 1.8 bar or so.

The cams are 270/280 degree intake exhaust with 8.7mm lift.

Engine is now in and running, slight oil leek on the belt side but that's handy fixed thankfully.

Turbo is a bit on the big side but hopefully the 0.5mm headgasket will help spool it.

I'll be running a gtx2871 and I'm hoping to really push it on to around 1.8 bar or so.

Engine is now in and running, slight oil leek on the belt side but that's handy fixed thankfully.

Turbo is a bit on the big side but hopefully the 0.5mm headgasket will help spool it.

Nothing nothing nothing booom haha

If you can get up to that boost she will make 400+ Karl

Proper weapon 👍

Loving the updates

Phil

3rd isnt the problem..it's all these undrivable massive turbo's strapped to the front wheel drive lightweights I can't understand why people in general want top end power might aswell buy a honda haha

3rds the problem.

Even on td04 3rd will let go.

Phil

That's my worry to lol hoping aftermarket LSD will soften the blow

It makes it worse though, as will sticky tyres or less wheelspin

The more torque you can control right below the maximum before grip is lost the more force going through the gear-set

But fingers crossed for ya.

Phil

It makes it worse though, as will sticky tyres or less wheelspin

The more torque you can control right below the maximum before grip is lost the more force going through the gear-set

But fingers crossed for ya.

Phil

When my mate gets his back al let you know haha