Tyre size on 15" Speedlines?

Anyone who is running 15" Speedlines (the ones in particular that are OEM fitment on SR's) - do you run a 195/45 or a 195 /50?

My old SR used to handle superbly on 195/45s, and none of my other Starlets ever handled as well as that one but they were running 14" and 16" wheels. I'm picking up my new SR on Sunday, and I'm sure it's got 45 profile tyres but they are ditchfinder brands from memory. Once they're worn out, I'm debating putting 195/50s on the car as they are so much cheaper than 45s - but I want to know if anyone has done this before and found a drastic difference in the handling?

I'm imagining that with a 50 profile it will have more sidewall flex than a 45, but I just want to see peoples opinions/experiences if possible?

I got 45's on my N/A and they do my nut in. They give pretty good response and feel but even on standard suspension setup you feel every nook and cranny on the road, its my daily not my race car so I don't want it to be too stiff.

Oh shut up Paul your really starting to piss me the fuck of now. For your information I don't need to be driving to know that low profile tyres are no good when it comes to driving on shit roads.

good. and its all about the make and tyre compound.also how old the surface is and tyre pressure play a big part in it 2. but of course you would know this being clued up.

peace

Come on now, you don't need to go into any major detail to know that 45's will be crashier than 50's over our roads