Glanza Owners Public Service Announcement

I know charl its not the best thing, nightmare when it happened!

And i know i was expecting tol see knackered bearings etc but how everything still spins on the crank is crazy!

And not far off mine then maddox i owned mine similiar time.

Shh don't say that!!

I know charl its not the best thing, nightmare when it happened!

And i know i was expecting tol see knackered bearings etc but how everything still spins on the crank is crazy!

And not far off mine then maddox i owned mine similiar time.

Yours has been running around the 1bar mark for almost 3years so it done well! Should of stayed ct9 :p My old glanza has been running 1bar 200bhp for over 4 years and its still going strong as iamlegend bro is still kicking about in it

I heard that although the GT rods are thicker on the earlier 4EFTE engines, the Glanza rods have actually got a higher breaking point

That rumor has been floating around for years, have you ever seen a broken GT rod? I haven't I know that much.

That rumor has been floating around for years, have you ever seen a broken GT rod? I haven't I know that much.

Fair play, I thought tests had been carried out. And no mate, I haven't, they must be good for big power then ;) aha!

Shh don't say that!!

Hahahaha ;)

Yours has been running around the 1bar mark for almost 3years so it done well! Should of stayed ct9 :p My old glanza has been running 1bar 200bhp for over 4 years and its still going strong as iamlegend bro is still kicking about in it

Yeh thats what i mean though the more stress for the longer amount of time would also contribute. Ie 3 Years of getting thrashed at a bar. Then a bigger turbo with a lump more torque(VF24) Killed it lol.

And nooo way have to move on at somepoint:P

It's not the power, or AFR, or timing killing stoock rods. It's the torque that's the problem...

Yeh of course its the force and torque it had a lot of!

holy shit that's nasty.....But i think with the stock power the rods would have lasted a lot longer lol

Crazy isnt it cant wait to rip it completely to bits see what its done to the head also. And yeh you would hope so

I heard that although the GT rods are thicker on the earlier 4EFTE engines, the Glanza rods have actually got a higher breaking point

Wasnt there an old thread on TGGT About that?

If there has been tests carried out it certainly hasn't been published so you could say we are all none the wiser lol. I'll stick to not seeing a broken GT rod being good enough for me :p

Hahaha your mabye right adam i havent seen one fail, usually ringlands i have seen on the early ones!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit more of an update, finished off stripping down the old engine to see what the what is and here are the photos.

Just to note also the engine turned over absolutely mint, all bearings were immaculate with no signs of wear, etc etc and even the damaged rod still feels mint on the crank like the rest of them. It has just give way, notice how its twisted etc also when it let go

Crank is also unmarked and appears perfect!

20131204_210007_zps373046fa.jpg

20131204_205739_zps57d49f05.jpg

20131204_205440_zps9987e7a7.jpg

20131204_205430_zps9bec2343.jpg

20131204_205420_zps740b830a.jpg

20131204_205412_zpse1a16d39.jpg