Power Gains for Port & Polish on n/a?

If youre lucky you may see a couple of hp.

But in all fairnes the n/a head Flows too much for N/a anyway, its the same head as the fte one which can see 300+ without any work.

N/a is better with smller ports to Increase air velocity generally speaking

Said exactly what I was going to say.

The ports for an N/A are way too large and actually need to be made smaller. Get hold of some JB weld if you wanna go this route and then just smooth it back with a die grinder.

rmsnoel hasnt made 100bhp, its what hes aiming for.

myself also but being in uni ill take alot longer than he does i imagine due to funding

ive bought a 5efhe head to port (port being the key word, not making it bigger just smoothing) im hoping to buy a full 5e bottom end aswell but thats another chapter to the book :)

thanks for the tip. how about reboring block to 1480?, skimming head, aftermarket cams, 4-2-1 exhaust mani, 2.5in exhaust all way to the back, corolla inlet, cone filter and mapping of ecu?

Motion achieved 115 PS without cams or reboring. Just OBX exhaust mani, skimming, 200cell cat, Turbular intake mani, cold air intake, emanage, green twister filter, I think injectors too.

With Corolla E11 intake, Corolla E10 4-2-1 Exhaust, catless or 200cell cat, bigger injectors and better management you should be very near 100bhp for a price of around 1000 £. Skimming and camsand exhaust and you would be near the price of a cheap turbo kit. I would just buy bolt on mods as stated and later upgrade to a turbo with low boost. Turboing a good maintained NA with only bolt on upgrades and stronger valve springs with a low boost will give you good power lower down (opposed to pure turbos like the FTE) and also give a nice power up top.