TD04 Manifold, TD04 Downpipe, TD04 Turbo..Anything TD04..

Looking to start accumilating my TD04 kit together.

Going to be doing it piece by piece, rather than buying a full kit.

Looking for;

• Manifold
  • Downpipe
  • Turbo
  • Water/Oil Lines
  • External Wastegate
  • SAARD FPR
  • Wideband

Anything else i've missed.

I'll be honest, im looking to buy end of month. But, i can put a deposit on items to hold until Payday if your happy to do that?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VF8 turbo here.

1bar standard internal = the job.

and some 370cc straight fit injectors also :)

Got a Mild Steel TD04 Toyosports Manifold and down pipe here, brand new, if that's any good you can have it for £150 delivered

braced that right up and you would be sorted :)

Phil

Edited by Philm

VF8 turbo here.

1bar standard internal = the job.

and some 370cc straight fit injectors also :)

braced that right up and you would be sorted :)

Phil

Correct, although alot stronger than the stainless ones haha!

Got a Mild Steel TD04 Toyosports Manifold and down pipe here, brand new, if that's any good you can have it for £150 delivered

I swear there on eBay for less new? unless im a moron? <-- Probably the moron part.

Phil, What the hell is that turbo lulz.... TD04 is what im lead to believe (via search) is the best alternative.

(Phil the zoooorrst arrive yet?)

U dont need water lines and I wouldnt ever run them on a td04.

I remember me, you and tobz talking about that. You guys words were "Best to run a turbo hot than run a hot engine" so would i need to essentially block them off on the turbo and the engine?

Edited by Zeldoz

Exactly that mate. U just need to loop the two water feeds to each other.

The ones on the turbo u just leave with no banjos or bolt .totally empty etc

Interesting, Ive always ran water lines on my track Glanza

Interesting, Ive always ran water lines on my track Glanza

Jamie, im interested in the manifold/decat you have can you fire me some pics in a pm?

Also, Anyone know where i can get them braced? I looked local and nobody is interested in working on car parts.. It's a joke!

Jamie, im interested in the manifold/decat you have can you fire me some pics in a pm?

Also, Anyone know where i can get them braced? I looked local and nobody is interested in working on car parts.. It's a joke!

Ill nip down the unit after work and grab some pics, If you are interested, I can have a word with Dean @ RW Developments and get him to do it before I send it over to you.

I'll PM you later any way, remind me if I forget haha

I swear there on eBay for less new? unless im a moron? <-- Probably the moron part.

Phil, What the hell is that turbo lulz.... TD04 is what im lead to believe (via search) is the best alternative.

(Phil the zoooorrst arrive yet?)

no arrival yet, but patience will be extended to our friends in royal mail as usual lol

the turbo is an old favourite, standard td04 fitment but it is a VF series IHI turbo.

Phil

no arrival yet, but patience will be extended to our friends in royal mail as usual lol

the turbo is an old favourite, standard td04 fitment but it is a VF series IHI turbo.

Phil

That last part was nonsense to me. Sounds like i need to do some more searching about these turbos. Are they more expensive than a TD04? Otherwise i'll stick with them.. can get them cheap enough!

Royal mail, I must admit, if im ever sending to Ireland again ill use them, they still class it as UK and charge no more, as couriers like to pull your pants down as it involves a boat/plane! - Sorry about the delay in postage, i'll accept my feedback like a boss anyway! ;)

I have a VF12 (not for sale though sorry) its pretty similar to Phils VF8, both off single turbo JDM Legacys iirc, i picked mine up off a Subaru forum for 30 quid minty condition, the VF series turbos have the same fitment as TD turbos (99% of the time) and its something a bit different to the norm of a TD04. Its up to you obv, i ran a TD04 and it was awesome, but thought id try something different with this car.

Anyway good luck with putting a kit together, will defo be more drivable than your current fuel cutting CT9 setup lol.

True words danny boy, but the VF8 is the father in the family :)

Ive two vf8s and a vf10 here, all old, but not abused on the legacys.

Phil

Edited by Philm

I have a VF12 (not for sale though sorry) its pretty similar to Phils VF8, both off single turbo JDM Legacys iirc, i picked mine up off a Subaru forum for 30 quid minty condition, the VF series turbos have the same fitment as TD turbos (99% of the time) and its something a bit different to the norm of a TD04. Its up to you obv, i ran a TD04 and it was awesome, but thought id try something different with this car.

Anyway good luck with putting a kit together, will defo be more drivable than your current fuel cutting CT9 setup lol.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think taking everything into account. I'll go the TD04 route. I've read and read into it etc.. and i know what i need to do etc.. with thanks to Mikey for advice/guidance and Phil.

It's lucky i drive 3 miles to work, and 3 miles home really. Sitting in traffic rush hour times.. I dont need to touch boost which is a plus side!

It will never crack mate i ran one for 2 years with out any problems

For what it will cost you to peice the kit together you might aswell buy a kit brand new

When i say piece together, i will buy a branded mani/downpipe.

The otherbits i will buy seperate. For instance, TD want over £1000 for a full TD04 kit. That's still missing stuff. I can buy everything + Mapping and a emanage for roughly £1000.

When i say piece together, i will buy a branded mani/downpipe.

The otherbits i will buy seperate. For instance, TD want over £1000 for a full TD04 kit. That's still missing stuff. I can buy everything + Mapping and a emanage for roughly £1000.

Good lad go WEPR mate

Thats fair enuf mate if you can do it for a £1000 go for it mate :)