the deaded boot leak, and dead rear wiper lol

Hey all, finally got my shit together and finished my cars new turbo install, then found i was lugging a swimming pool about. previous owner had the same problem and told me he'd sorted it, there's rust in the boot that had been painted over and now the poor weathers set in its apparent he was a useless sack of shit at repair and at informing me of its problems when i bought it ):/. i know this is a common problem, and i have some mad sikaflex that can deal with it. anyone able to tell me where its getting in from, as i cant find it anywhere.

In other news, i'm sick of having no rear wiper. its still fitted to the back of my car, but hasn't worked during my ownership. i dunno if it has water jets, or even how to use it cause my indicator stalks are so worn lol. anyone able to suggest a common reason why it doesn't work?

Cheers for the help advice to those who gave it while i was pratting around with my turbo rebuild and manifold install :thumbsup: i was gonna start a small build thread but my phone was stolen with all the pics on it, so it'd be a pretty boring thread lol

I think it's through the top of the rear light water can get in from! There's a seal that can be damaged over the years and lets it in there. Drill a hole empty the pool and silicone it back up and repair as best you can!

Checked the simple stuff ie - fuses for wiper?

I think it's through the top of the rear light water can get in from! There's a seal that can be damaged over the years and lets it in there. Drill a hole empty the pool and silicone it back up and repair as best you can!

Checked the simple stuff ie - fuses for wiper?

theres a grommet dodad in my boot, got it all out with that and toweling. i do metal inserts on warships fro a living, so replacing the buggered metal is no biggie. i want to sort the leak first though lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was leaking below the rear light where the panel sealer had began to leak, its the silicone stuff thats painted over. A good clean, dry and bury it in silicone. Homebase/B&Q and get the silicone that goes on wet or damp surfaces.

Usually its the figure 8 shaped seal around the rear lights has got dried up gunk on it which lets water past. Give that a clean first and reseal. Sit in a stripped out boot and have a mate with a garden hose pour it over the car

Very common problem get a bucket off water and poor on the roof and boot see were it goes and check boot before and after more likey the rubber seal around the boot it well worn mine leaks let out nearly 3litres the other day. I put it down to the rubber seal and around te tail lights.

ima hit it with some sikaflex, demolish any leaks. whats the black shit that holds the plastic sheeting on doors in? my old micra had tonnes of that stuff round the lights, never leaked a drop.

• 2 weeks later...

I put tigerseal on the seal and put my lights back on. Its worked for me on oneside. But im still getting little water on the other. Is there anywhere we can get the seals for the lights. Also does anyone know if toyota supplies thema nd how much?

mine was a leaking seal/grommet on lights AND the grommet for cabling at the very top of the hatch where the wire for and LED brake light runs into the hatch itself.

i had the entire boot floor out of another starlet GT welded in at the seams so i was quite determined to find what had nackered the previous incarnation of the boot! needless to say i've hammerited treated the entire boot floor section to prevent any further issues and siliconed across welds behind the light clusters.

I am currently working on a gt and it has the same issue.

I have put a little tigerseal round the poppers on the grill/vent that sits next to the rear window on an ep82.

also put a new seal/grommet in under the light an also re sealed inside the rear quarter that suffered leaking as the old factory sealant came away a bit. When I get home tonight I am gonna bucket of water the rear of the car to check the water tightness

• 3 weeks later...