• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked on the car all day trying to sort the idle which i've managed to do but i have a major boost leak somewhere checked nearly everything still can't find out why ordered some more parts got a nice build up of parts atm waiting to be fitted…Went and took a few photos last week that's about it for now not a big update oh well….

12142470344_113055db3c_b.jpg

12142308723_392d68627b_b.jpg

Edited by Spoon_tuned
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a week off work this week so i have been collecting parts ready to fit to the car i started off yesterday as we had nice weather for once managed to take all the exhaust system and decat manifold and turbo off ready for a new exhaust decat and manifold to go back on bought all new gaskets etc etc and service parts ready to be fitted....

So we got cracking started by removing all the shitty aircon system compressor, belt, pipes etc etc and until you remove it you don't realise how much it weighs it's really surprising i also got a front mount intercooler off my cousin to fit but would need the turbo rotating as it was custom made for that.

Then we started on the turbo Etc and once we got the turbo off i saw a big issue straight away the waste gate looked like someone had smacked it with a chisel the crack in it was massive and obviously where my boost leak had been coming from all this time so major set back atm as it's hard to track down a decent ct9 so now i'm thinking TD04 but can't really afford it atm which is a bummer.

12323161274_97338482ec_b.jpg

12322880763_4fd3179d05_b.jpg

12322867733_b374498dd7_b.jpg

12322856113_687d2d8501_b.jpg

Before i took it all apart i went somewhere local to take a few pictures messing around with my strobe light and petrol generator see what i could come up with really needed a soft box as it really over exposes the image i had a little play with light painting with my lamp as i forgot my other tubular florescent light for light painting nothing to special as it was sooooooooo cold

12323191184_73db304e08_b.jpg

12322777245_f80a6492b4_b.jpg

12323313964_b5e9f861b4_b.jpg

12323060373_bec432a7e5_b.jpg

12322827705_b628d90f75_b.jpg

Edited by Spoon_tuned

Sorry to hear about your turbo cracks today dude I see what you mean now by the pictures 😟 that's a nightmare and a real shame you can't use my decat screamer 😟 car looks mint though! It's not very often I say I like the look of gt turbos but yours looks spot on

Very nice progress build and I will be keeping an eye on this one from now on

Keep it up sir

Sorry to hear about your turbo cracks today dude I see what you mean now by the pictures 😟 that's a nightmare and a real shame you can't use my decat screamer 😟 car looks mint though! It's not very often I say I like the look of gt turbos but yours looks spot on

Very nice progress build and I will be keeping an eye on this one from now on

Keep it up sir

Thanks a lot ross yeh its a major bummer mate i had a feeling the waste gate was had it but didn't think it was that bad in the pic it shows one crack but theres one at the top aswell.

Hopefully things will sort out soon

Just a small update from today as it started raining few photos i took on my iPhone

Managed to clean up most of the engine bay still need to do a little bit more to it started sandding down the block and inlet manifold and any other bits that were dirty probe won't be another update for a few days as the forecast looks shocking again!!!!There's still so much more i need to do but it's stuck at my mates house atm and with the weather being bad it doesn't help

12343983484_74895d50e5_b.jpg

12344017344_3b4f0bc9cd_b.jpg

12343720063_bbd2afe33f_b.jpg

12343538935_a9211926c7_b.jpg

12343553715_3e9f6bc1e0_b.jpg

12343545185_8386398bea_b.jpg

Edited by Spoon_tuned

Things left to do::

Paint another coat on the block

Re fit all parts back on

Fit my walbro fuel pump

Fit front mount intercooler

Put new exhaust on [when it arrives]

Full service

Fit new turbo kit [when it arrives]

Fit Afpr

Paint slam panel

Paint Rocker Cover

Fit new cam seal and rubber washers

Fit fuel rail adapter plate

Adjust rear spring rate [as it's to soft ]

Fit rear seats

Clean interior & seats

Full detailing of the car

Edited by Spoon_tuned

Looked a lot cleaner earlier mate, will look awesome when everything's done, I'll be over when we have better weather

Cheers man

Yeh might have to wait a while lol weather looks crap for the next 2 weeks!!

Cant do anything until the weekend anyway because turbo kit and exhaust hasn't arrived yet