Light Weight Wheel Lug Nuts

Will these fit Rota alloys and also are these guinuine and what are they like are they good dont want to buy some nasty crap that brakes or the thread crosses. Thanks

Ebay item number: 141037496532

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-20-Light-Weight-Wheel-Lug-Nuts-Choice-of-Size-Length-Colour-FAST-POST-/141037496532?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&var=440160645567&hash=item20d67d68d4

They seem to have copied the D1 spec style, Which are the "Genuine" ones if that's what you mean, ep-racing do them here

People have had problems with the D1 spec ones, but weather they where genuine or not I don't know. The ones above are genuine (hence the price), had them a few months now problems up to yet! I'd say it's almost mandatory to get them all torqued up the same. ep-racing reccomend 100nm and the actual D1 spec manufacturer reccomend 120nm maximum, had no problems with 100nm. I check them each time I wash my car, and no movement in them at all.

Most of the D1 ones have a 60 degree taper, Not sure if Rota wheels vary in the taper angle between alloys, I'm sure someone can tell you what taper they have if you have a specific rota alloy.

I guess it's just weather people have had problems and you have heard about it mate, They may be fine, but judging by the price of the D1 ones and these ones, There's a big difference, Everyone would be buying these if they where better :p

The light weight bit makes me laugh, go on a diet or have a shit eat laxatives remove your radio replace your seat with a cushion lol….

More to the point after reading peoples opinions and stories on the D1's while looking at buying a set myself I would only go for the steel ones, fake or not it's put me of for life.

Edited by TurboTobz

The light weight bit makes me laugh, go on a diet or have a shit eat laxatives remove your radio replace your seat with a cushion lol….

More to the point after reading peoples opinions and stories on the D1's while looking at buying a set myself I would only go for the steel ones, fake or not it's put me of for life.

I have heard removing center caps can add up to 5bhp lmao :p

• 4 weeks later...

Stripped the threads on a couple of my D1s, and all of them were really tight, as in once they were un-done you still had to use the bar to wind them off. I now run TPI nuts and ive gotta say they were well worth the extra money!

Is saving 50 grams worth risking your life? Ill leave that up to u. Ive got some d1 spec nuts given when i bought some wheels. They are paper weight not in best of nick. Also ive got 15 i stead of 16. So if you want them ill give them away for cheap