Jim's second Starlet; ITB'd Blue Sol 8L5.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys! Be nice to see people about more locally!

Looks like the exhaust will arrive today josh then just gotta work out how to fit! :)

How did you fit the recaro's as this is my next upgrade?

I got a friend to help, cut the feet off the starlet rails, unbolt the feet off the evo rails, weld starlet feet onto evo runners, we positioned it by bolting the cut off starlet feet into the car and lining the seat up from there :)

Cheers guys! Be nice to see people about more locally!

Looks like the exhaust will arrive today josh then just gotta work out how to fit! :)

I got a friend to help, cut the feet off the starlet rails, unbolt the feet off the evo rails, weld starlet feet onto evo runners, we positioned it by bolting the cut off starlet feet into the car and lining the seat up from there :)

That's exactly how i plan on doing it. Cut/Weld cheapest way.

Did the front not line up? I read sometimes the front two evo/honda ones will go on its just the rear that will need welding. In other threads i read all 4. Doesn't really matter. But welding 2 instead of 4 is cheaper.

That's exactly how i plan on doing it. Cut/Weld cheapest way.

Did the front not line up? I read sometimes the front two evo/honda ones will go on its just the rear that will need welding. In other threads i read all 4. Doesn't really matter. But welding 2 instead of 4 is cheaper.

No idea mate didnt even try to line them up so it could work but I couldn't tell you :)

Small update, mostly good...little bit of bad!

So...got a HKS HiPower Silent on, welded in with a reducer, nice and quiet when you try hard enough to make it that way...but fucking awesome when you open it up!

Only picture I have atm, will get some proper ones soon with a video!

zy9C1Ic.jpg

And the bad bit....might need a new shock...slightly...

Gonna get some KYB excel's on the back for now, hopefully the fronts can hold out till I get some coilies!

VUfas73.jpg

Edited by jimlols

So been driving around for a while now with the seats in and the exhaust on and somehow ended up doing half a track day at the last minute today!

The seats are amazing, and I'm quite liking the exhaust but it might need a baffle or something for some daily driving haven't decided yet!

Couple of video's from the outside, only short clips really!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld6Gc9zSyAA

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU5J8Jw-7Rw

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djc1rFOP8kc

General thoughts from the trackday; Fucking love the seats! New front tyres needed, the Uniroyal rainexperts (not sports!) dont quite cut it once they get any heat in them, possibly some better sized alloys or spacers needed to to get some bigger calipers in there at somepoint as I was really really punishing the brakes and not getting what I wanted from them all while they heated up to about 543543534534degrees!

The shocks and springs is better handling than standard, but has its issues here and there, will defo fine on them till some decent coilovers though!

Haha tyre screech in second video, bless the little starlet trying it's best :D

Story of my life today! Can't blame the starlet though...just the tyres :p

Good effort man, liking this project! NA's definitely have some potential with a bit of money spent on the handling! GT/V carriers and discs are a great upgrade!

For what it is it really did feel rather composed, and considering the completely less than ideal setup (consisting of old fucked shocks, springs, ditch finders, no bracing at all etc) it really did hold its own quite well, power wise I didn't feel like it lacked at all for the tight twisty track, basicly kept with the 1.6 mx5's down the back straight, then other than that its all top end of second/third gear work! I feel like with 130-140 horsepower and the right setup it could be a absolute machine around this track!

1xkenhq.jpg

in defense of the dodgy looking line...that middle bit of re layered tarmac is alot more grippy than the inside line!

Edited by jimlols

Love the way this is heading, good to see it being used hard too!

Used to run the same wheel / tyre / spring setup on my old beater ... with a standard glanza front brace and a welded rear brace it stuck really well...nothing fancy...just some bar between the turrets :)

IMG-20120805-00267.jpg

IMG-20120805-00266.jpg

Love the way this is heading, good to see it being used hard too!

Used to run the same wheel / tyre / spring setup on my old beater ... with a standard glanza front brace and a welded rear brace it stuck really well...nothing fancy...just some bar between the turrets :)

IMG-20120805-00267.jpg

IMG-20120805-00266.jpgGot

Got a spare front brace in my old one, gonna nick a rear anti roll bar from a mate, then probably bare in mind the idea of cheaply welding some metal in there like youve said! :)

in other news... Ze2FrZk.jpg?1