Can anyone recommend a good starter tool kit to work on my GT?

I don't trust any local garages, so my mechanic mate usually does all the work on my cars, but recently I've started to have a go at things myself, with random tools I've acquired over the years, which has been mega difficult at times.

So I was thinking maybe I should get a tool set to make these jobs easier, and learn more about the car in the process.

Any suggestions?

Other than a ratchet set,

Good spanners, swan necks and ratchet ones are handy but not essential.

Selection of screwdrivers, pliers, soldering iron etc. are all handy aswell :)

These cars are piss easy to work on aswell so its a good starting point for a beginner :)

good lad get stuck in !!!

It was you that got me thinking after Friday lol. My mechanic is like an hours drive from me, so thought it maybe time to have a go meself....fingers crossed I don't break anything lol.

Other than a ratchet set,

Good spanners, swan necks and ratchet ones are handy but not essential.

Selection of screwdrivers, pliers, soldering iron etc. are all handy aswell :)

These cars are piss easy to work on aswell so its a good starting point for a beginner :)

Thanks mate. I've always been there to help when others have worked on my car, but finally wonna give it a go myself. Like you, other have said they're quite easy to work on, as long as you have the right tools.

you seen what my wires were like I had no idea about electrics just be smart about it take your time and if in doubt ask that's what this forum is for you have my number as well mate be happy to pop up some time and help you when im not working on mine or even work on mine while im at yours haha

When I first went at things alone. I bought a socket set for £9.99 from halfords over 2 years ago. Still does anything I need. I buy everything I need so for future playing I have various tools.

My setup is still awful. But the only thing I haven't been able to do recently is gearbox oil which is a piece of cake! Just haven't got a 21/22mm socket lol!

To be fair mate those 100 piece halford kits are shit on!, i need to get one myself tbf!,

Wouldn't really go for those two seperate as that one 100+ kits got most of what you need in! Depending on what jobs you wanna do is depending on what tools you're gonna need to have atm, as worth buying bits over different periods if your not going to be using it as much!

But cant recommend enough how handy those Halford kits are for the money! :)

Halfords professional kit is good, and ratchet spanners are sent from the gods beleive me. Dont buy a 1/4" drive set as you wont undo f**k all with it as you wont get the leverage, I only use my 1/4" drive stuff for pipe clamps or limited access where ive already cracked the bolt.

You want a good 3/8" drive set.