ID-Workz TF035 251bhp Glanza

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. I only have one graph that states 197, it doesn't say wheels or flywheel so I will assume flywheel til I have her dyno'd myself. :)

Also, Zeldoz, 197 at the wheels would be 230bhp with a 17% transmission loss. A 20% transmission loss would result in 236 at the fly, but 20% is a lot! I didn't know mappers use 20% as a guide.

I've just given her an oil and filter changed and fitted an ID-Workz magnetic sump plug while I was at it. Mileage reads 122,187 for future reference.

Again? Needs to stop partying so hard on a friday

Hahaha had the worst morning today. Spent £5 on a taxi to work, pulled up outside to realise I had forgotten the keys. Got a bus home costing a whooping £3.20 and got another one back to work costing another £3.20. I was so annoyed at myself!

• 4 months later...

This is my old car mate anything u need to know just ask I know this car inside and out

Cheers bud. I followed your build thread a few years ago and that's one of the reason I bought it :)

Update

This is very overdue but here goes!

Back in March, I was on my way to work on a Sunday when an Astra drove straight in to the back of me (I was in very slow moving traffic and parked still at the time of the impact). luckily the damage was very light. The Varis bumper was replaced with an OEM bumper with optional lip.

Over the next few weeks I gathered and fitted the following:

• Evo 8 Recaro front seats
  • OEM Art rest
  • OEM Door handle covers
  • Private plate
  • Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust

And finally these bad boys; 15x7" Advan RG's

BDB954A3-A558-44F5-A168-D8E842BBE5CE_zps

Fitted:

94CB9030-D5EE-489E-84D2-4BC8E623108F_zps

EA12F5C2-796C-4E31-A114-56F107A0D0CA_zps

After lots of contemplation, we decided the Glanza would be as our track / demo car. This meant more goodies.

ProSport Boost, Oil temp, Oil pressure and Water temp gauges

2B8562E6-F205-4F9A-905B-A5700436ADD9_zps

ID-Workz Oil cooler kit with oil filter relocation

Glanza%20Starlet%20Turbo%20Oil%20Cooler_

Baffled sump

6F1CD5CB-806C-475F-87E2-7CEF2D784D3F_zps

B559BC08-C1CC-4963-87E6-49328F88354F_zps

89923601-24D8-4138-B97B-580E121574C0_zps

ID-Workz Performance Rear discs with OEM pads and new bearings.

28D6330D-8EBD-455B-B9EE-321C9D1609B8_zps

ID-Workz Racing radiator kit (Triple core rad with slimline fan and S/S brackets)

Starlet-GT-Turbo-Glanza-V-Radiator-Packa

In addition to this, we added the following But didn't take pictures along the way!

• Cusco 6 Point roll cage
  • Purple cam cover with AN-8 fittings
  • New cam cover gasket set
  • New exhaust flexi section
  • Air filter head shield
  • ID-Workz Turbo oil drain kit with silicone hose
  • 2 x 195/50/15 Toyo R888s for track
  • 4 x 195/50/15 Toyo T1R for road
  • Full service; 10w60 Mobil1 Fully Synthetic Oil, Oil filter, Fuel filter, ID-Workz Sump plug, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, Longlife Red coolant

All these parts were fitted in the week leading to Japfest. The mileage read 123700 at this point (just for my own reference).

All done:

0DB8F6AA-4E37-4FBB-90C4-8B25E5BA2BB8_zps

After getting all that lot fitted, I gave it a quick machine polish and dropped the car off to a friend who designed and fitted the vinyls.

As soon as it was back with us we fitted a Varis style rear spoiler and HRF style rear bumper spats.

Here's the end result, pics taken at Japfest 2. Excuse the dirt!

F1CD162C-7686-4F8C-9F7E-13F741F17607_zps

67F9B5A7-62BF-42DC-A3BF-9755BAC0B130_zps

6380BC29-796F-4455-BE14-877D1D61BB7D_zps

4FF0A060-AE17-409F-9F24-D82FC0FF4C9D_zps

IDWORKZGLANZATRACKPIC_zpsca402ae8.jpg

I had her on track during the morning and late afternoon. Apart from losing a bit of coolant, the car performed brilliantly and it was an awesome day out! One thing though, within the last 15 minutes on track I had the Wilwood caliper bizarrely touching the wheel, I'll look in this further as I'm baffled as to how it could have happened!

A big thanks to my brothers (Aamir and Tayyib) who worked throughout many nights in the week running up to Japfest while me and Uzzy were enjoying the sun in Barcelona :D

Also thanks to Uzzy and my cousin Shaq for helping with many things along the way!

I have spares here mate. I'll send you a PM.

Was good to meet you! If you remember i was the one by the track, you asked if i owned a Toyota as you saw my keys in my hand aha.. Will send you a pm over bud!

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late replying to this!

Looks awesome.mate was funny i was stood watching the track action i could see you taking the pics of your 91 lol

You should have come over and said hi :D

Was good to meet you! If you remember i was the one by the track, you asked if i owned a Toyota as you saw my keys in my hand aha.. Will send you a pm over bud!

I remember bud, good to meet you. :)

Looked good on track, needs more boost though :)

I agree, I am just planning which route to go to take for more power. It was nice to see you again and thank you once again for the helmet.

Car looked good out on track, good to put a face to the name after many years

Cheers Grant, likewise buddy. A pleasure to meet you :)

Looks good in pic

Cheers Mikey

Saw this at Japfest, very impressive. May I ask why at the end of the day did you only go out for a couple of laps.

Thanks Calum, unfortunately I cracked a rim on track so had the end the day slightly early. The wheel has always been very close to the caliper but while on track the wheel actually started rubbing against the caliper and making an awful noise. When I came back to the pits I discovered a scratch around the caliper and a small hairline crack in one spoke. By the time I got home the spoke cracked clearly through.

I think I saw u in Sheffield the other day ?

Yes, we stopped for a bite to eat on the way home from Japfest. :)

Car looks wellmate

Thanks mate.

Looks awesome mate :)

Cheers Luke, I saw yours at JF2 and it looked stunning. I didn't get a chance to meet you though, next time!

wee beaut!! an luv the pic wi the 3 cars together :thumbsup:

Thank you Mark.

No major updates since JF2 apart from a broken wheel as explain above, so the Advan's were replaced with a set of 15" Sparco NS2's in Grey. You may notice that we had the vinyls redone too, this was due to the old ones being too small.

Quick snap from JAE.

P1070242_zpsc445d8f0.jpg

She barely been driven since JAE, now I'm just planning what to do with it over the winter months.