Plug and play ecu issue

Basically i won the unbranded ecu on ebay. Ive installed it and its running shit and lumpy. Is this expected with a new ecu have take. It through the rev range up to about 4krpm but have got scared haha. Just wanna know before i ask the guy for a refund

Yeah you have to kinda run them in a bit, rack up a few miles and see how it is. I had to do this on my old GT when i put a Mines P&P in it.

Tbh though if you think about it they aren't a very good idea, its mapped to someone elses car with unknown mods and the map itself is probably the best part of 15+ years old.

I only used it because i got it mega mega cheap :) but still i do blame it for my engine blowing up.

Reckon its definitely fucked, wouldnt go above 1krpm let it idle for about ten minutes. Stuck the standard ecu back on. Hopefully wideband comes and i can retry it properly. Hard to find somewhere to let a noisy car idle for 30mins

Reset the ecu today and left it to idle for 30mins and still the same issue. It misfires like a bitch under load and can here it popping even when cruising and doesn't seem to get better. The guys said he'd refund me if i destroy the ecu. I know plug and plays are £400 upwards so dont wanna loose out if this is just normal for a new ecu. Did about 5 miles with no improvement, any else experienced this then the ecu resolved it?

Reset the ecu today and left it to idle for 30mins and still the same issue. It misfires like a bitch under load and can here it popping even when cruising and doesn't seem to get better. The guys said he'd refund me if i destroy the ecu. I know plug and plays are £400 upwards so dont wanna loose out if this is just normal for a new ecu. Did about 5 miles with no improvement, any else experienced this then the ecu resolved it?

maybe check the ignition system. now its being more aggresive with the timing it could be showing up another weakness?

The guy said it definetly worked when he removed it and seems like a good guy. Where do you suggest starting trisk? Ive got new ht leads, new plugs and new coil in the last 4months

If thats all new, then Spark plug gap (set to 0.8mm), and maybe rotor arm and dizzy cap.

It does seem very similar to when the ignitor was earthing itself. But is fine on the standard ecu, didnt think it would make that much difference with a p&p. ill check all that before putting the gut out of money.