Speedo Converter.. I can't see one.. but im 100% not limited..

So i looked the other week for a speedo converter. Couldn't see one, decided to shop around and buy one from here.

The other day i was out in the V when an RS6 decided to play, so i happily accepted and chassed him. My clocks currently have a 110mph overlay over the old KM/PH i guess.

Anyway, It went off the clocks and kept going until the needle stopped moving as the dials are too small to allow it to make a complete circle. Even when it stopped it was still pulling in 5th... I was definately going over 112mph. I wont state the obvious, but i was going excessively faster.

Is there any other locations one could be? I am mapped on a EManage, but my understanding was this doesn't remove it only ultimate does?

Obviously, this all happened on my uncles, mates, cousins, sisters, dogs private airfield.

Edited by Zeldoz

So im now confused. I thought the converter will allow your dials to start reading in MPH. Then, with this the car will surpass 112mph or whatever the speed limiter is..

Either way. Mine will pull well off the clocks.

Even before emanage i know it would surpass 112mph too.

The reason im questing this is im about to buy some plasma dials. So with the MPH face on i want to be sure its reading in MPH otherwise ill be guessing speeds until i source a converter!

As said above.. The converter you change on the gear box , just changes the speeds into MPH so whatever it says on the clock you are doing in MPH, most people just put a sticker over the KMH so its back to normal :)

100 kmh would be 100MPH , 150kmh would be 150MPH and so on..

With the blue emanage , thats one thing im not sure on.. its all down to how it is programmed and setup

I do not have one on the gearbox... So how can i exceed 112mph?

Could there be a speed limit defender wired in somewhere hidden away ? Have you checked there isnt a converter behind the clocks instead ?

Phone up TD and ask if a speed cut is a feature on your EMB, im pretty sure its not though.

He hasn't got a convertor as his clocks go to 110mph (that's just 180kph) he said he has an overlay.

If it was converted it would read 100mph with the needle at around 12 o'clock.

Chances are you have a speed limit defender in place.

OR as there are later versions of emanage maybe the later ones have speed cut?

And regards to the stock speed limiter. They are lazy.

Mine used to cut in at 118ish if I rolled upto it in 5th (speedo error) but if I was in 4th down a hill then I could get 130 ish change to 5th, a second on the gas THEN the limiter kicked in lol