Hi guys as titled a friend is buying a peugeot 206 for there son's first car, I don't know a great deal about them myself so could any of you tell me what he should look out for and what are the common issues with them and anything else to be careful of. Any advice would be helpful

Beware they are french lol.

I've done a few wheel bearings and top mounts on them, other than that nothing springs to mind.

What engine is in it ?

Also i swear there is a peugeot master tech on here so lets hope he sees this.

French cars in general are absolutely fuckin atrocious. I'm a vehicle tech and the dealership i work in has a Citroen franchise, thankfully i do Hyundais, which are actually incredibly good cars despite what you may think :)

Worst car ive ever experienced tbh. Airbag lights and other electrical warnings all the time. Everything feels loose when you drive them. Hates a strong word but I hate 206s

Dan

Edited by Haresign

Well put it this way as far as im aware they have half cable and half electric speedos and the whole dash units on them go down, my other half and a few of my mates have them and all suffer with no cluster lights, no Speedo and everything around it, also central locking and most electrics plus what's been mentioned before