1st Track time @ Japfest.... worried........

Hi guys...

Just brought track time @ japfest (castle coombe) but its for the advanced drivers.... now I'm told its ok as there are not as many clowns on track.

Ive never been on track before in my own car, never mind in an advanced session...

I understand the principle of overtaking and respecting other vehicles etc etc... and Im not afraid to treat my car like a slut in bends, but i understand the concept is totally different on track....

whats your thoughts????

whats your advice????

Just take it easy to begin with. I went on JF2 in my NA and was overtaking quite a few cars.

Just use your mirrors, give people plenty of room to pass/let you through and you should be fine!

Let quicker cars through, even if they 'shouldn't' be quicker.

There will be a briefing you'll have to attend, pay attention in that and you'll be fine? How long is your session? It'll be over before you know it.

dont worry about it mate, just go slow until your confident enough :)

Once your on you will realise how wide the track is............so much room around you

Just keep track of whats in your mirrors and you will be fine

dont worry about it mate, just go slow until your confident enough :)

Once your on you will realise how wide the track is............so much room around you

Just keep track of whats in your mirrors and you will be fine

Are you actually going to take yours out this year matt?

Anyway

Stick to the left when you have somebody behind you and indicate to let them know you are aware they are there and let them pass even if it's a micra lol !

don't be a hero have fun and be ready to want to go straight back out as soon as you get in.

I have a track day booked on the Monday after at Keevil just to get over the short time I'm out at japfest lol

Are you actually going to take yours out this year matt?

Anyway

Stick to the left when you have somebody behind you and indicate to let them know you are aware they are there and let them pass even if it's a micra lol !

don't be a hero have fun and be ready to want to go straight back out as soon as you get in.

I have a track day booked on the Monday after at Keevil just to get over the short time I'm out at japfest lol

No deal Noel, went and had her sound tested today at the action day and she failed miserably :( put out a healthy 102db so my track time will be going up for sale.....................again haha!

If someone behind is gonna come past you normally keep to the right of the track with the indicator on to show people behind your letting em past, just don't go too fast too soon :)

Also overtake on the left always and never around corners on the outside

Some very good advice in here.

Its just being aware where the other cars are around you really.

In a nutshell, don't go out there thinking your the next Ayrton Senna and everything will be fine. Its a pretty weird feeling going on a proper track helmeted up etc in your own car.

Edited by richglanzav
  • 4 weeks later...

boost problems on the first lap...

had a new waste gate set up. and a JAM racing fuel cut... diddnt like it. and she kept hitting fuel cut. we dropped the boost right down to .6 bar