Boy Racer hew....

I used to find business men in their audis and bmws used to try and race me all the time. Only difference is our cars do look boy racerish and some people drive them like so, i remember seeing a post on here from a member about them donuting in a car park!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read every post but yes I agree the term "boy racer" is very derogatory and where it's not on the same level as derogatory racial terms it is still offensive and hurtful. But what can we do? They use offensive terms to describe us, the minute we call them "bacon" or "pigs" we get arrested under section 5 of public order act. lmao

I guess we have all agree'd on it's thick as f#ck ignorant people who have no idea what there talking about who are better of saying nothing rather than something productive,the guy who called my mate a boy racer is getting screamer piped woke up sometime soon for his ignorance the bastard lol

Tbh we all love our ep's for one thing and none of us bought them with the intention to drive like an old man .....I don't give a fuck what people think , nothin better than shittin someone up on the road when you dump ! haha :) as long as your sensible when you need to be then so what

I guess we have all agree'd on it's thick as f#ck ignorant people who have no idea what there talking about who are better of saying nothing rather than something productive,the guy who called my mate a boy racer is getting screamer piped woke up sometime soon for his ignorance the bastard lol

i wouldn't agree, and im not all that stupid.

thats how plenty of people would describe a post like yours. thick & ignorant.

As Dean in the orange car has said he knows what people will think of his car, and as Azz says above so long as your sensible when you need to be.

Now im not saying everyone is sensible all the time, im certainly not.

but styling that is lairy or garish looks the opposite of sensible all the time, nomatter how you drive.

thats a fact.

Im not saying you need to care, and im happy to see lots of people dont but your only driving your own car round its nobody else fault.

Phil

PS people sometimes say about anyone who drives quick 'they still have a bit of the boy racer in them' and they mean no harm its just how they identify people who like fast cars.

Edited by Philm

I'm sorry Phil, while I respect your opinion I have to disagree.

The term "boy racer" is defined as:

"a youth or young man fond of driving very fast and aggressively in high-powered cars." - copied from Google Dictionary.

Calling someone a "boy racer" just because they have a modified car is like saying "that person is a terrorist because they are Muslim", or "that man has darker skin than me, he must be a criminal", or even "look theres a guy taking a whiz in a bush at the side of the road, he must be a rapist or sexual deviant!". It's derogatory and offensive, and police should not be allowed to use the term.

It's just about respect for your fellow man that's all, I don't mind being called a modified car enthusiast because that's exactly what I am. However I don't drive in an aggressive manner, or particularly fast. So why should I be automatically labelled as if I do just because I want my car to stand out and because I'm young?

Anyway it's a never ending debate, some don't mind the term others do. Freedom of speech and all that, everyone has the right to think and say what they like without interference. All I think is that police and journalists should not be allowed to use the term. Ever. It gives the wrong sort of message.

I'm sorry Phil, while I respect your opinion I have to disagree.

The term "boy racer" is defined as:

"a youth or young man fond of driving very fast and aggressively in high-powered cars." - copied from Google Dictionary.

Calling someone a "boy racer" just because they have a modified car is like saying "that person is a terrorist because they are Muslim", or "that man has darker skin than me, he must be a criminal", or even "look theres a guy taking a whiz in a bush at the side of the road, he must be a rapist or sexual deviant!". It's derogatory and offensive, and police should not be allowed to use the term.

It's just about respect for your fellow man that's all, I don't mind being called a modified car enthusiast because that's exactly what I am. However I don't drive in an aggressive manner, or particularly fast. So why should I be automatically labelled as if I do just because I want my car to stand out and because I'm young?

Anyway it's a never ending debate, some don't mind the term others do. Freedom of speech and all that, everyone has the right to think and say what they like without interference. All I think is that police and journalists should not be allowed to use the term. Ever. It gives the wrong sort of message.

Totally agree and phil of course I'm not going to do that I woild just be proving the guy right I have better things to do :)

I've had old folk moaning at me, frowning, shaking their heads and waving hands lol. Pisses me off when you get people flashing or waving to slow down because they're doing 20 and you want to do the speed limit.

I've got to say it's much harder life driving a civic though. Can't go anywhere without someone saying "Vtec maaaaaaaate". Really annoying.