City Link.

Because they're absolutely fucking dreadful.

Here is the story. I sold a Laguna front splitter to a member called Minty, no issues there, everything went as planned and he even trusted me enough to send the payment as a friend instead of paying fee's, you know?

So I pack the item up and book it in for courier to arrive the following day to collect it. The next day comes, no knock on the door for the entire day. So I look at the emails I got for confirmation to double check everything. Correct pick up address, so I haven't done anything wrong/made any errors there!

So this morning I found a thing on their website where you can chat to a member of staff. So I did.

----------

Welcome to Parcel2go.com. Someone will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Emma

Rob: Booked a package in 3 days ago to be collected Tuesday but hasn't been collected yet?

Emma: Hi Rob!

Emma: I am very sorry to hear this.

Emma: Do you have your order reference number to hand? It will begin with P2G and be followed by 7 or 8 digits. For example, P2G1234567. It can be found on the confirmation e-mail.

Rob: Sure, here you go Emma - P2G20081990

Rob: This isn't the first time this has happened, only with City Link. They're absolutely terrible...

Emma: 04/06/2014 21:50:00 0104 CONSIGNOR NOT IN - CLOSED white door

Rob: What does that mean?

Rob: They tried to deliver to a house with a white door?

Rob: I mean collect from*

Emma: Yes Rob.

Rob: Funny, because I have a Red door. And no door in my entire street is White!

Rob: So where does this leave me?

Emma: I am very sorry to hear this.

Emma: Would you like me to re-book this for tomorrow for you?

Rob: I would very much appreciate that, Emma.

Rob: Hopefully tomorrow the driver is able to count door numbers and tell the difference between White and Red.

Emma: That has been rebooked for you Rob.

Rob: Thanks Emma, so I 'should' expect them tomorrow between 9 - 5:30?

Emma: Yes, that's correct.

Emma: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Rob: That will be all thank you. Have a nice day!

Emma: You too :)

----------

So there we fucking go, apparently some absolutely idiotic delivery driver tried to collect the package from a house with a fucking white door? Yeah mate good one. Fucking spiv.

So I would just like to apologise to Minty for the delay once again, I have offered some sort of payback for the time it's taking. Obviously this is making me look like a massive cunt because he trusted me enough to pay without fee's. Although I'm not mugging him off or doing a runner with his money, I still feel like it's messed him about.

The moral of the story is don't use Shitty Link. It's happened before, also on deliveries I've been waiting for where they have just stuck a card through the letterbox saying they tried to ring the bell but no one was in. Ok then mate good one!

Over and out.

'Is there anything else I can help you with"

"Well Emma, im for gym later and my partner has let me down, today is chest day.. and you know how that goes, I will be hitting the bench, fancy joining me as I need a spotter..?"