The Irish Don't Mess Around

Well it seems the Irish commercials for road safety are pretty gruesome. yet I bet they're effective. Are these actually aired on TV over there?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU6OQVCB20o

Edited by Eynonz

Yeah abit sexist, I had a woman cut me up yesterday no indication or anything but never hear about it, always blamed on young male drivers, we have had a few fatal crashes here lately and all been elderly drivers

Edited by fremyjay

It makes you think about where you speed but tbh I don't think it actually stops people from speeding entirely.. At the end of the day they are trying to overcome people's perspective of their own abilities with fear. It's not going to work properly.. It will only work on those who lack confidence in there own driving and worry anyway.

I have been saying the same thing for years and even went to one of the meetings where you put your view across and give them ideas for adds, me and a load of other chaps expressed the fact they always single out male drivers and they said its not intentional.. load of bollocks, the female drivers over here are truly abismal, well from coleraine they are anyway, and I think 90% of us said the same thing, they asked us what we do when a doe add comes up.. we turn over to another channel lol..

Women are fair bad down south as we'll, very careless , story a year or 2 a woman was reversing out her drive way and didn check her side mirrors or blind spot and ran over a kid..

These adds are making men drivers look like all we do is drive fast and be careless and I'm sick of it, I remember driving to Dublin and this bitch in a BMW was brushing her hair wile trying to drive on the motorway..

• 2 weeks later...

Ha yeah thays an old add its out years theres new ones fairly often .. My ma always had m look at them when i wa a kid sayin ig would happen me if i speed around when i get a car cause i always hing roun muly bro cars as hes 13 years old so i was 8 nd had a mk1 gi so i wanted it n cryd when he sold up but years later ended up buyin his old gi back ha what are the odds

Back onto the point women drivers are shit just look at the video of the bird tryin to park her car for 25 mins ha say no more

there was a video like 8 mins long showing bad crashes once, makes it hit home how damaging a crash is to more than just yourself. everybody speeds occasionally, that's a given. Dependent on time/place I guess. But ragging the shit out of your car during the day 24/7 is asking for it.

I personally drive like a grandad 99% of the time, and only open up on a private mountain road close to me, which is one way and completely dead at night, only myself to harm.