power and boost on stock engine

My old GT pulled 175bhp at 0.7bar on a CT9. I had all the supporting mods, front mount, decent manifold and downpipe, full exhaust, some better leads and a fuel pump for piece of mind etc etc. I was also running on a KS ROM "plug and play" ECU but would recommend having it mapped properly. I'm sure if I'd have ran a bar it would have been around 200 or over.

Regarding stock engine coping with power, I then ran TD04 at 1.2 bar 242bhp on stock engine fine for about a year before I sold it. Going to push my new GT to 1.4 bar on stock engine :p.

Yes although the best method is to make it stable and less likely to boost creep by running an electronic boost controller. That said, you could probably run the stock actuator with a boost controller?

I'm not sure what the actuators can go to. I'm sure I turned mine up to a bar briefly before I went TD04 :).

My old GT pulled 175bhp at 0.7bar on a CT9. I had all the supporting mods, front mount, decent manifold and downpipe, full exhaust, some better leads and a fuel pump for piece of mind etc etc. I was also running on a KS ROM "plug and play" ECU but would recommend having it mapped properly. I'm sure if I'd have ran a bar it would have been around 200 or over.

Regarding stock engine coping with power, I then ran TD04 at 1.2 bar 242bhp on stock engine fine for about a year before I sold it. Going to push my new GT to 1.4 bar on stock engine :p.

Yes good man I wanted to do that but got advised not to booo

I had mine dyno' ed on stock engine and ct9 with supporting mods though at 195.7bhp that was at 0.7bar aswell got print out to prove it, but then Mikey above said 1.bar not sure what to say now

Patman thats an awesome figure at that pressure.nice !!!!

You think so mate? I was thinking something was up with the dyno hahahaa as seemed abit to high for stock and I don't know anyone else who gets them figures on a stock this was a place in West Sussex called minicraft where they have 500bhp nitrous minis, BUT PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME.....all they did was set it up right no mapping just to see if the fueling was right and a few turns on the actuator this cost m bloody £200!!!!!

whats mods and compression patman^^

Hello Rosso mate ok supporting mods are.....don't forget am still on stock ecu aswell

Front mount intercooler

Walbro fuel pump

Sard fuel pressure regulator set to 2.4

Forge dump valve (if you wanna call that a mod)

Uprated ht leads (the magnecor ones)

Aftermarket manifold (the 90 quid ones on eBay)

Exhaust (not sure what make but that's aftermarket too measures 4 inches at the back)

Relocation air filter (to behind front grill)

Hks fuel cut defender ( yes I know, people don't like these) tuner said it was fine is set to 8 on the clock on it,

Haven't got round to putting my hks actuator on yet or turbo smart manual boost controller.

So there the supporting mods I have 👍 would like to go ct9 hybrid aswell if a good one comes up and sale my stock ct9 which had a rebuild of Liam_D not even had any miles put on it yet.

Edited by patman

Hmm thats alot. Generally a dyno place will charge circa £70 for a few dyno runs and a print out.maybe a tiny bit of tinkering inbetween.

I would say thats very very expensive myself

I'm glad you said that Mikey because after a day or two I though I have been ripped off here as original my car was only running 134 Bhp

Ive had someone pm saying they get 280 on a td04 on stock engine thats crazy did you use bigger injectors patman??

280bhp is a high number for a stock engine however, people pull those figures all the time on TD04? The only question is really, how long will the stock internals last... It's easy to get 280bhp with a TD04 though.

Lol I can't do that but I thought it was crazy however its running sweet for a while apparently the key is a gpod map and good ecu

It pretty much is down to a good map. Providing all the other stuff holds up mechanically, the only thing that produces the power is the map.

Are ct9 hybrids a direct replacement for stock ct9 and can it be used with stock manifold or do you have to buy the whole kit I.e manifold

A ct9 hybrid is still a ct9, so it uses the same manifold, downpipe, lines etc etc.

You think so mate? I was thinking something was up with the dyno hahahaa as seemed abit to high for stock and I don't know anyone else who gets them figures on a stock this was a place in West Sussex called minicraft where they have 500bhp nitrous minis, BUT PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME.....all they did was set it up right no mapping just to see if the fueling was right and a few turns on the actuator this cost m bloody £200!!!!!

I suppose that technically they didn't map it as they didn't change any of the map itself, however if they did spend a few hours turning the boost up, and then playing with the fuel cut defender and your regulator then I guess that's the best they can do without a ECU that can be mapped... If you went in with 134bhp, they set it up and you paid £200 then came out with 195bhp with a graph, I wouldn't complain haha :p.

In Zeldos thread for his V it was getting mapped, the boost spiked and made around 280 i think. Standard engine. Got turned down but id love to see someone run that power daily. TD04 turbo.

I see ash's point and I know what you mean ollie, only spent an hour on the dyno aswell if that I still think it's alittle over priced I thought the max about 120 not 200 quid

Well put it this way ollie when I came out the roads were alittle wet and the dam thing was spinning in 1st 2nd & 3rd on boost so I suppose your answer to that is I felt a hugh difference a lot more torque steer aswell

Edited by patman