Im trying to figure out if its gonna be a better driving experience or am I gonna have more fun with the turbo, the wee starlet is ok in standard form but id love to go daft with it, that or buy a 9..

I agree, well over priced.

But I did own a civic before my starlet, granted an EC/ EF not EK9 but it was so much more fun to drive! seating position was 10x better, independent rear suspension makes it feel a lot more stable along with the wider wheel base.

Turbos are fun with all the noises and the surge of power but a Honda engine being thrashed, screaming its nuts off, good times, good times.

Or have both? :-P

Rob.

Stop showing off Rob! Haha. I have seen the prices and they are scary tbh but some are fairly priced, if I was buying one it would have to be in fairly standard form and thats another problem lol I think tbh I have an itch for vtec and the ek9 is the only one that appeals to me, but like I said id love to have my v into a good spec but I keep chucking money at the thing and its getting annoying! I had this same problem at the start choosomg between a gt and a glanza and it took me donkeys to decide on that!

If you're going to get an ek9 use it properly. Its a track car so use it on one.

Marc Moss was going to sell his Dc2 until he took it on track then next thing you know he's completely changed his mind.

B Series are a love or hate engine. Personally I love the sound of one with a nice induction noise but theres too many that sound like a wasp in a bean can with some stupid exhaust.

If you're going to get an ek9 use it properly. Its a track car so use it on one.

Marc Moss was going to sell his Dc2 until he took it on track then next thing you know he's completely changed his mind.

B Series are a love or hate engine. Personally I love the sound of one with a nice induction noise but theres too many that sound like a wasp in a bean can with some stupid exhaust.

I was planning too buddy, the noise is what got me hooked in the first place, then seen the way they get round corners and look aswell.. lovely package! Im torn between the two here :/ always loved glanzas, on my second now and its the one I planned on going mad with.. now im not sure what I want lol

Depends what you want to use the car for really. Honda's are so much more reliable and will always handle better than a Starlet, yes they are that bit more expensive but for those exact reasons due to the R&D that went into them in the first place.

I like the B series engines, quality for a track car however I much prefer the K series for a daily drive or round town hooning just because its so much easier to drive, much smoother etc.

If you can best thing to do is go and drive one or a couple and make up your mind that way :)

Drive one.....especially on track and you'll understand why they are a lil overpriced for a 90s hatch. :p

With the right driver, they're extremely capable cars.....I didn't realise what they could do until I took mine on track and was blown away.....handling was awesome.

The only thing I found to be pretty annoying after I sold my old GT and got one, was the lack of low end torque. The B16b really needs to be worked hard to get the best out of the engine......Vtec engages at 6200 rpm.....Below that they're pretty gutless. For some people, its fun keeping it on the boil all the time to get anywhere fast....but for others, it gets a lil tiresome.

As AdamB said, if its a daily driver, consider the k20'ed ep3.....really nice car to live with on a day to day basis....comfier, more torque and the bonus of a 6 speed box.

That said I'd still pic and ek9 all day every day out of a GT, Glanza or ep3. You could always sell your b16b and drop a b18c in there, or even turbo your b16b. I know a couple of ek9 lads that have done this with good results.

Either way, go and test drive one....sure you won't be disappointed.

You can pick the pre face lift ones up for good money these days....just have to look around. The Face Lift models are still pretty steep though.

HTH - If you need any more info....drop me a pm 8)

Edited by Djaniero

Cheers guys, I think I need to get behind the wheel like you say! Im not sure if I like ep3s tbh, I need the car to look good aswell and they just aren't doing anything for me :/ they are much cheaper too tbf! I would love to track it, would be a waste if I didnt lol its the fact that I would have to leave the starlet after all the plans for it and I want to make sure its a good choice! Will have to go and drive one chaps!

yeah the bread van look of the ep3 isnt for everyone lol. That said with a few subtle exterior mods, I think they can look cool.

Go and test drive them both and let us know what you think!

Yeah Morgey a bit big though :/ I love the look of them but I like the small cars lol I had thought about a dc2 aswell, and an eg (most are b18s) but I don't know the first thing about hondas so I think I will steer cleer of them lol

Ek9 very good car handles amazing. Ive had many hondas but my favourite was my ef9 and tbh would out handle an ek imo but there hard to come by now and are just as pricey as the ek9 thats the only problem where 6k would get u a mint gt/glanza