BIT OF AN UPDATE ON THE LACK OF UPDATES ON MY BUILD THREAD

I Haven't updated my build thread in a while and this is why;

The underlying thing to all of it at the moment is the fact that i don't have a job and i'm trying to run my car on what i get from JSA... I Have the passion to make my Starlet into something unique but i just lack the funds at the moment, once i get a job the mods will come rolling in and i plan to make my little Starbo look totally different (in a good way, i don't mean NFS Underground 2 bodykits etc. unless some of you like that kind of stuff) but yeah, that's pretty much why i haven't been updating because i can't afford it at the moment, if anyone in the Bristol area knows of any jobs going don't be afraid to PM me or something would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyway, will update when i can

Cheers guys,

Gav :)

Edited by GavinsBeard
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry mate. I've been in the same boat since December, just doing crappy little jobs/selling stuff to make whatever money I can! Everything done to my Starlet so far has been only £70, not including stuff I've been given, found, or necessary to keep it going (petrol, tax, etc.), so you can still have fun with the car even with no money!

Not to worry mate. I've been in the same boat since December, just doing crappy little jobs/selling stuff to make whatever money I can! Everything done to my Starlet so far has been only £70, not including stuff I've been given, found, or necessary to keep it going (petrol, tax, etc.), so you can still have fun with the car even with no money!

I do work with my dad every now and again, it's enough to get me through fuel wise but i can't help but torture myself scrolling through eBay looking at parts lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i got half of my money that the insurance payed out but i had to give 500 to my parents for money i owe them so was left with a little bit, picked up a strut and a new mushroom filter and looking at getting clear indicator lenses and side repeaters and a cheap set of wheels, will get some pics up soon i promise!

Edited by GavinsBeard

Right so here the proper update i promised

only small bits of progress here and there but progress none-the-less!

First of all i never uploaded anything about removing the bump strips

20140816_134107_zpshzzudnka.jpg

20140923_150926_zpsz18mlh8l.jpg

I Then decided i wanted a little bit more noise so i stuck the air filter off my old car on but then decided to pick up a nice mushroom filter, also got a strut as well, whits i've lost the pictures to :s i'll get them uploaded ASAP :)

Found the rest of my pics on photobucket so here goes again :)

Mushroom Filter and Strut on, strut needs a respray badly but i'll get around to that.

20141002_114433_zpsujm3aiai.jpg

20141002_114428_zpsmosoiafi.jpg

Engine bay needs a bit of a tidy as well, thinking about spraying my rocker white and the Toyota bit the same colour as the car

Also got some square plates made up at Halfords, carbon letters look sweet

20141002_141010_zpsgleqgmfv.jpg

And finally my Dad was kind enough to buy me some wind deflectors :p

20141002_114414_zpssmnu43lv.jpg

Trying to find a set of cheap wheels so if anyone can point me in the direction of some that will be sweet :)

All for now, will try to keep updating more regularly

Looks good!

Once I got my new hair filter I took off the rest of the air box, but only after i relocated the filter to the front of the bay so it was sucking in more air.

I don't like the look of it standard!

Rocker cover white and toyota turquoise would look awesome! :D

Beth

Looks good!

Once I got my new hair filter I took off the rest of the air box, but only after i relocated the filter to the front of the bay so it was sucking in more air.

Beth

Any chance you can pm me a link to the relocation kit please?

Any chance you can pm me a link to the relocation kit please?

would love to mate but unfortunately didn't use one... My boyfriend is a mechanic so he just stuck some pipes together with a bunch of jubilee clips to relocate it to right up by the front, beside the battery.

8aab51e91876138ba9df9abd52486e97_zpsce5b

Edited by bdohohh

would love to mate but unfortunately didn't use one... My boyfriend is a mechanic so he just stuck some pipes together with a bunch of jubilee clips to relocate it to right up by the front, beside the battery.

8aab51e91876138ba9df9abd52486e97_zpsce5b

Ah, I'll look into doing something similar maybe

Ah, I'll look into doing something similar maybe

it wasn't hard to do, just had to get the right size pipes and some rubber tubing and jubilee clips. No welding or anything like that. and it made a huge difference!

Looks good!

Beth

Did you see my build thread haha this is my rocker cover looks good when it's clean 9C66A34A-C297-4DB8-80BA-323C73DC0B7C_zps

Gave the strut a spray the other day, just white for now thinking of spraying the ends the same colour as the car just gotta find somewhere to get the same colour paint

20141010_132542_zpsnq3vwu79.jpg

20141010_133457_zpspkszas4f.jpg

20141012_153238_zpsdqcbcbks.jpg

Looking at getting blue HD Leads but i need to get my brakes done first so will probably be skint for a bit :/

Edited by GavinsBeard