I want to know what LSD i should buy for upgrad of my none LSD gearbox.

quaife should be best was told by a good friend. He also told some other LSD may crush or make noise when make a turn?

saw someone here buy an TRD 1 way lsd. Is this good option for street?

my problem is at a fast start i get much wheel spin but no tracktion. Tryed to lift my food from gas paddle but this is not very easy to find the best point of accelleration. so i think about LSD .

i drife sometimes quater mile, but most fast street

If your not bothered about noise on turning and want quite an aggressive lsd then cusco is very good.

I have a cusco MZ 1 way but it is extremely clunky slowly driving around corners and roundabouts.

There is a few been up for sale recently on the forum.

There are lots to choose from though from Kaaz-clutch type, TRD-clutch type, Cusco-clutch type, Quaife-mechanical*considered by many as extremely good and quiet*

:thumbsup:

Still makes me laugh how people say clutch type diffs make a terrible noise. They only do if you a) don't run them in, or 8) use the wrong friction oil. Id only ever run a clutch plate diff imo. Don't like helicals.

Cusco (street) or trd (track) would be my choice's.

What TRD and Cusco diffs did you have?

99% sure a lot of the Cusco and TRD and Kaaz ones are made by the same company. Which i can't remember off the top of my head. They all had very similar markings on.

Also make sure you set the Torque slip correctly in clutch type diffs, thats something more than half the people who own them don't do also.

Edited by RobSR
  • 1 year later...

What TRD and Cusco diffs did you have?

99% sure a lot of the Cusco and TRD and Kaaz ones are made by the same company. Which i can't remember off the top of my head. They all had very similar markings on.

Also make sure you set the Torque slip correctly in clutch type diffs, thats something more than half the people who own them don't do also.

All made by Kaaz

I want to know what LSD i should buy for upgrad of my none LSD gearbox.

quaife should be best was told by a good friend. He also told some other LSD may crush or make noise when make a turn?

saw someone here buy an TRD 1 way lsd. Is this good option for street?

my problem is at a fast start i get much wheel spin but no tracktion. Tryed to lift my food from gas paddle but this is not very easy to find the best point of accelleration. so i think about LSD .

i drife sometimes quater mile, but most fast street

I'd say cusco or kaaz would do you proud ha

just a question if I buy a Kaaz 1.5 diff do I have to buy anything else? aka drive shafts and what not or is a simple open stock box take diff out replace it close box up and drive slowly to break it in

Check the pre-load as it's a clutch type diff, other than that, good to go.