Right I want to put on my zisco intake mani but I have nowhere for the pcv from rocker to go into it!!!

Do I need a racing rocker and catch can??? eliminating the pcv (please dont turn this thread into a plumbing catch can debate :p )

Help needed fella's, crayon plumbing drawings prefered.

Just vent to air mate.dont need catch can at all

this - no need for catch cans - waste of money IMO - engine breathing is waaay more efficient when its just vented to atmosphere through a pipe/hose.

if its vented to the bottom of the car the gasses are pulled out when the car is in motion rather than building up pressure in a catch can regardless of weather it has a breather on it or not.

Totally x2 that about catch cans .

the run freely to atmosphere compared to catch cans long lines and catch unit

total waste of money

fact is if your engines fine and good health nothing will come out of them whatsoever.

watched mine at redline on a dyno and nothing came out

the only time oil will come out of them is if u had a melted piston which causes air inbalance in motor.

Ok so are you guys saying it'd ok to remove the pcv and have two breather filters on the rocker. At the mo have one breather as pcv is on standard air mani but if I put the zisco unit on there is no where for the pcv to mani?

throw the pcv away its a restriction its not needed and it does not help your engine in any way.

The pcv valve just keeps pushing crankcase gases and oil vapour into your intake.

dont use breather filters just connect 2 pipes to the holes on the cam cover and route them to the bottom of your car.

I understand catch cans are pointless, but they look alot better than two hose sticking out or going underneath the car. Properly vented i don't see the harm in one?

it comes down to personal preference - some people will prefer looks over engine health.

the more efficiently your engine breathes the better it runs its a no brainer.

See I dont agree they look better.

totally disagree actually. But yeah it is personal preference. And I prefer not to waste me money on them

Well said mate - from a traders point of view of course you need a catch can (as they make money off it) people need to start thinking outside the box and look at the logics behind some mods instead of just copying the next person,

Each to their own yeh.... Might be down to few people wanting pipes flapping around loosely in a engine bay rather than copying everyone else though ;)

plenty of places to hold them securely :p surely nobody is clever enough to leave them flapping around loose