easy bruvs..insurance with 2 cars?? people with two cars??

yo dawwwggggggs inda hood

right getting a little side project now whats the crack with insurance?

atm I am fully comp and can drive any other car so does this mean I need to get insured for the side project separately ??

or just drive it around using my current policy on 3rd party basis

For you to drive the other car under 3rd party insurance it needs to be insured by someone else already. Plus you need to be over 25 with the 1st insurance company in many cases.

Check with your current company if they do 2nd car discount or any new companies see if they will mirror your ncb onto a new policy. I did this and shortcut myself 3 or 4 years ncb on my second car and now have 2 policies with 7 and 8 yncb

Edited by morgey

For you to drive the other car under 3rd party insurance it needs to be insured by someone else already. Plus you need to be over 25 with the 1st insurance company in many cases.

ah right so Id have to insure both separate ?

I am 26

I'm with admiral, they give you 90 days on top you your car's policy to insure any other car for cheap

Im with Admiral too and wasnt aware of this, i know they do a multicar thing is that part of it ?

I want to keep my daily Corolla when the 85 is on the road but dont want to pay out the arse to insure two cars.

They gave me just under 6 months to add my second car. They even called me just before it was due.

So you dont need to start a new policy to get the multicar thing then ? Ive just had to renew my insurance a couple of days ago aswell, was running around with none for over a week by mistake haha

Well I started one with my corolla with the intention to put my starlet on it. So they gave me mirrored ncb from the starlets current policy and my multi car discount and they would call me as my starlets was about to run out so they couls add it to it. That was march time and they called me mid august to sort it all out.

If youve got a new policy you might be able to back track and get them to change it to a mcp

With regards to not insuring your project and driving on tpe I was on a quinn policy at 18 that offered this and I didn't actually need to insure the second vehicle...

I had them email me this aswell. I know they soon stopped the extension for u25's but when I was checked out on a few occasions I never had any troubles. Check with your insurer.

With regards to not insuring your project and driving on tpe I was on a quinn policy at 18 that offered this and I didn't actually need to insure the second vehicle...

I had them email me this aswell. I know they soon stopped the extension for u25's but when I was checked out on a few occasions I never had any troubles. Check with your insurer.

Are you sure the 2nd vehicle didnt need to have insurance under someone elses name?

You could drive other vehciles with quinn at any age even with tpft but the other vehcile had to be insured otherwise it wouldnt be allowed on the road as it wasnt insured directly

Are you sure the 2nd vehicle didnt need to have insurance under someone elses name?

You could drive other vehciles with quinn at any age even with tpft but the other vehcile had to be insured otherwise it wouldnt be allowed on the road as it wasnt insured directly

That's the way my insurance currently is, the other car doesn't have to be insured but I have it insured anyways to make it easy to tax.

That's with nfu mutal.

yes mate, I actually still have the emails I have a few as I double triple checked as it sounded too good to be true!

Just googled it and it seems to be a very grey area.

Some say as long as its not registered at the same address (you could have 20cars that way)

Others say yes but as soon as you leave the car parked its uninsured

And anpr will pick it up as uninsured so will get hassled all the time.

However some people have said there company's will cover uninsured cars under tpft as long as it has T and T.

Basically ring your insurer and get it in black and white from them

Edited by morgey