• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love a good set of speedlines :) I'm still ready to take that damaged one off you Westly ;)

Cheers for the info Morgey I didn't realise the G6r boxes are different. Does the g6 box fit directly on to starlet mounting points then? And how do you find the ratios? The first three are short aren't they and the 6th is a cruising gear?

Do you know someone with an ss3 then? I randomly saw one for sale in Cyprus when I was on holiday 4 years ago but it was crazy expensive. The last one in the uk was fairly cheap though and was up for ages

Speedlines look really good :)

Cheers, im really happy with how they came out :)

Love a good set of speedlines :) I'm still ready to take that damaged one off you Westly ;)

Cheers for the info Morgey I didn't realise the G6r boxes are different. Does the g6 box fit directly on to starlet mounting points then? And how do you find the ratios? The first three are short aren't they and the 6th is a cruising gear?

Do you know someone with an ss3 then? I randomly saw one for sale in Cyprus when I was on holiday 4 years ago but it was crazy expensive. The last one in the uk was fairly cheap though and was up for ages

Im not sure about the internals, if they are anything like my bzr 6 speed 1-4th are noticeably shorter, but the bell housings will be different as one is a 4efe and the other 4afe. Im pretty sure the mounting holes are on the front but can always be drilled and tapped if not though.

Your selector will need a bit of notching to allow for the extra movement for reverse too. Not sure if i mentioned that?

Naa not that i know of i just meant in general to taking other cars for a spin, there was a new celica sports-M parked up cheap in my town though, dont think they knew what they had lol

Cheers but think ill be getting internal drive ones, or maybe invest in a nylon coated socket.

Will let you know if i change my mind

No worries! Better to offer than to not say anything :D

And don't worry Pikey you have first dibs when it comes to replacing the speedline xD

Cheers buddy :)

Yeh im thinking of getting hold of a g6 box but I'll have to buy a whole car I think. Should be able to make my money back off the interior of the car etc but don't really want to break one that's still on the road. There's a crashed damaged one but it's miles away and I'd have to hire a trailer :/ the ratios on my SR are plop and can only imagine that it'll feel even worse with a turbo strapped to it.

Yeh not many of those sport m's around are there and Toyota went the whole hog with extra ridgity on those didn't they but still gave them a shocking interior! Fensports celica x was one and everyone went mental at them for chopping it up

Edited by Pikey009

That's a lot of effort for a gearbox but for reference I've lost 10-15mph in 1st-4th between my 5 speed in the starlet (early c56) and 6 speed c160 in this. The ratios are on wikipedia but uk starlets use a c154 i believe.

Yeah they did loads to them, ss suspension, seam welded chassis, trd diff, short ratio trd box. Trd exhaust mani and Tuned engine/ecu, spoiler, skirts lip, Then a colourcoded interior that looked dreadful haha

I didnt realise fensports was a sports M, can understand why people kicked up a fuss

Wheels look great! What tyres are you thinking of? URS3 I'm guessing, being a daily?

Cheers, I was debating taking my ad08s off the starlet and throwing them on for lolz, i can get r888r's for £60 so would use them as track tyres when i got the ep up and running again then get a daily set at a later date as well.

However i could just swap over what I've got which is 2 t1r's and 2 Urs3's which is most likely to happen

Yeh they're all 1.3's. 5th and 6th must be loads better for cruising on those boxes though. Those Celicas just don't seem to sell very well which is odd really as they're a sorted car- must be that interior that puts people off. Yeh I mean I'm a bit of a purist but what they made from the Shell was epic wasn't it :)

Yeah 6th is good, 4k is like 85-90mph compared to about 75mph in my starlet.

I think its because they dont have that bigger turbo brother, you get that and thats about it youve got the top model which is good but youve nothing left to do to it and yeah that thing was a beast!

Well either way I appreciate the heads up and will keep my eye out for a box as I'll need one when I boost the SR. You mentioned you have to notch the selector, what did you mean?

Will you be doing much to the outside of the Corolla mate?

No prob, basically to get reverse in 6 speeds you need to go over to 1st then past it and up. The plastic cradle the stick sits in isnt designed to allow for that extra movement so you have to cut a bit away on the underside to allow the stick to move into that position.

No real plans, im keeping my eyes peeled for a drivers wing as mine was resprayed at some point so doesnt quite match and if drongo has another dent removal gathering i might take this over there as its a bit tatty around the edges. Other than that im happy

Good idea.

Was supposed to be getting a call regarding cost for repairing it but it seems no one knows how to use a phone these days lol. Will pop up the road later and have a word see what theyre saying.

Might pop into work and have a look at doing some bits. Need to move it along and im not busy...

Yeh what is that about?- contacted a lot of different companies recently and not just relating to car stuff but no one gets back to me! Leaves me wondering if people want to make any money at all. I hope you manage to get the starlet sorted soon and I'll keep an eye on both threads :)

Edited by Pikey009
  • 2 months later...

Still not had the wheels fitted yet but did check over everything under the car and surprisingly didnt find anything wrong with it as it feels a bit loose so might have to start replacing stuff at some point to try get to the bottom of it.

In other news i fitted my blitz access P'n'P ecu, cant really say its much difference other than being slightly smoother map and having a limiter somewhere past 8500rpm lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well 2 wheels were fitted but the other 2 were on the limit so rather than fitting an old set to then fit a new set I've just ordered a pair of nangkang NS2R's to replace my rainsports. They should have been here last week but well they still havent been dispatched 😕

Anyway gave the car a polish earlier as it hadn't been done in a while, new wheels are on the front

20160423_192235.jpg