A fuel pump should not change afrs on idle or cruise.

The ecu corrects these things and and it always aims for 14.8

Wether the fuel pressure is at 2bar or 4bar.ecu sorts this

wot situations with stock setups is then governed by a rrfpr.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, emanage completly unplugged running on standard fpr and a walbro fuel pump.

Have a fuelling issue with my glanza. Starting the car up it fuels spot on 14.8 on wideband. Eventually it drops right down to 12. With slight throttle it goes up to 13ish then drops again on a cruise. Fuel fines on boost. If i let completely off the peddle while in gear and rolling the wideband goes off the scale(lean)Only thing changed since the issue started was the fuel pump. Any ideas APART from the lambda? As the lambda is 6months old. Not driving the car atm as not payed until friday so as the problem suddenly appeared im Hoping its something simple

Do you know water temps? If the temp sensor is not working, ecu will be in "warm up enrichment" state until water reaches 65c degrees.

Edited by JayJ

Are you using stock 295 injectors?

The uprated pump won't make any difference to the afrs, its all down to the regulator to control the pressure.

I have found that some lambda sensors don't even last 6 months especially some of the universal ones.

Are you using stock 295 injectors?

The uprated pump won't make any difference to the afrs, its all down to the regulator to control the pressure.

Unless the pump is flowing more than the fpr can handle. Fpr's deteriorate as well. I've seen this happen before. Think of it in the same manner as boost creep but with the injectors, once touch the throttle your increasing fuel pressure and opening the injectors longer which will stabilise fuel flow..

It doesn't happen often but I have witnessed it. Replacing the fpr with another standard one fixed the issue.

Unless the pump is flowing more than the fpr can handle. Fpr's deteriorate as well. I've seen this happen before. Think of it in the same manner as boost creep but with the injectors, once touch the throttle your increasing fuel pressure and opening the injectors longer which will stabilise fuel flow..

It doesn't happen often but I have witnessed it. Replacing the fpr with another standard one fixed the issue.

I also agree with this regarding the FPR, quite a number of people like to carry on with the stock fuel regulator on different turbo setups. These cars are knocking on now and the regulators will be tired, plus not being able to put a gauge up to the stock unit isn't great.

its just worth that bit extra money to get a sard rrfpr- WITH A DECENT GAUGE might i add to keep everything sweet.

Edited by Gilly

Also I don't like aftermarket fuel pressure regs especially without a mappable ecu and rr tuning lol the rising rate might be slightly out compared to standard so you could end up too rich or lean in either ends of the map. That's why I'd recommend a good condition oem fpr. Or if they can be got new, a new one :p

• 2 weeks later...

Lambda maybe

maybe this

your o2 sensor is what pulls/changes fueling at idle, your map sensor needs to see voltage and your TPS is on off.

but if the emanage was mapped on bigger injectors it'll be mega leanon idle with just your o2 sensor trying to pull it down. so mostly likely a bad o2 sensor.

Phil

Edited by Philm

If the emanage was mapped on bigger injectors it would be leaner.

maybe this

your o2 sensor is what pulls/changes fueling at idle, your map sensor needs to see voltage and your TPS is on off.

but if the emanage was mapped on bigger injectors it'll be mega rich on idle with just your o2 sensor trying to pull it up.

Phil