Adjusting BC Coilovers.. Quick help

Before I crack on adjusting the coilovers on my Glanza I just need some reasaurances..

Do I need a ramp or can it be done on driveway?

How easy is it to alter ride height?

What's the best way of measiring height? Feeler gauge or counting the threads between?

How easy a job is it?

Will my tracking need setting up again?

Do I need an adjustable panhard rod? Wheels are Enkei RS One Peice 15x6.5 ET35 I think :)

Top guys. Cheers

Edited by Matt1878

Can do it on the drive easy. Best way I find in measure top of arch to ground. And work from that. Once you have the wheel off undo the lock rings and then spin the shock round. Don't unbolt it from the hub or axel. Then it's a case of putting wheel back on give it a bit of a bounce to settle down and measure the ride hight again. With a decent trolly jack and a impact gun it takes like 10 mins. After you happy with the hight. Align the back end up and it's always best to have the front tracked back up as it will be a little out

Providing they're not seized ;). If they are try using stilson grips on the collar with plenty of lube instead of the c spanners. They'll dig in a little and leave marks on the collar but needs musts. Also be sure you're on flat ground. With the BCs as well because you can adjust the spring rate I took my bottom bits off (the bits that bolt to the hubs and beam) so that I could measure the body up to the bottom locking collar to make sure they were equal, and then after that just did as grant said.

Edited by aaddzz123

Ideally have a ramp but it can be done on a driveway, make sure it's flat

Easy if they are not seized up.

I have alignment done any time I adjust anything for the sake of tires but I know some people don't.

I measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch. Mine was scrubbing all the time without a panhard rod( especially if you are going low)

try some stilsons. Probably the best tool I have in my box.

41vs4NnVvyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They just get tighter the more you pull on them.

None at home :( need them from the garage but it's all locked up and my old man has the key. He's in Greece too :(

Tried again today and they are well and truly not budging. Had WD40 on them and used the C-spanners which just twist and chew up the collar. Then tried a big heavy hammer and a big punch. They do the same. Just knacker and chew the collars up.

Looks like I'm going to need a little heat on them?