what can you beat at 300 bhp??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think I was only a little behind a R35 in my 242bhp GT and beat stuff like DB7s and 3.5 turbo converted E30 BMWs, M3s, VXRs, evos and pretty much anything french or VAG :p I think an extra 60bhp would beat pretty much everything within reason. I used to have a play against cars all the time in my old GT and the only thing I remember pulling away was the R35 and that literally wasn't a lot although it was standard.

Your beat a good few cars in a straight line, a few less when the roads get bendy.

I disagree :p. Starlets are pretty well balanced and handle well with a few mods. Helps that they're so light. Shame they're not independent though. My old EG civic did handle better overall.

As mentioned in a straight line and with a rolling start , there probably isn't very much that will keep up. Off the line and round the twisties against something like a well setup , well powered Evo or Impreza (not the type that think they have 400/400 with a decat and a remap) you will struggle.

I love my Starlet and loved my 348bhp black one but against my P1 round a track or off the line I wouldn't stand a chance.

That said 300bhp in Starlets / Glanza's give you a grin factor that probably nothing else will except a bike.

^^^^ this and also a 300 / 350 bhp starlet feels like a 1000bhp supra crasy as fuck haha

our starlets are so bad in standing start traction my old r5 would eat my gt of the line any day

saying that a r5 gtt with a 400bhp 4efte conversion mmmmhhhhhhhh seee ya mr ferrari

It is awesome watching a big powered Starlet struggle for traction :-)

There was a video of a glanza supposedly 'pulling away from a r35' on here before. And a long arguement about it

There was a video of a glanza supposedly 'pulling away from a r35' on here before. And a long arguement about it

Oh, don't recall that lol. Believable though if they were running anything around 260 or over from my experiences. And I know because the guy I raced was gobsmacked and we ended up chatting for about 2 hours lol!

Unfortunately this place is full of massive bhp and what can I beat... Power is great and keeping up with and beating much much faster and expensive cars is also a cool thing ...

In a straight line anyway

It ain't all that..

Unfortunately this place is full of massive bhp and what can I beat... Power is great and keeping up with and beating much much faster and expensive cars is also a cool thing ...

In a straight line anyway

It ain't all that..

Agreed mate

im going to get shot down here lol but 300bhp in a starlet is too much. wheelspin is pretty useless.

for outright speed and acceleration in the real world 250 is the magic number - with a decent diff and suspension

in the dry you should really be looking at just about hooking up fully in 2nd gear.

my old car had 253bhp on a td04 and ported and polished head. dave burwash god rest his soul said it was

the fastest street built starlet he had ever built at the time. i was hitting full boost below 4000rpm and it was fucking awesome.

in the dry weather there really wasn't anything short of supercars that would pull on it through the gears.

Edited by richglanzav