what can you beat at 300 bhp??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok im putting it out there lol - if anyone on here has a 300odd bhp starlet that doesent try to break loose in any way or go straight ahead when you try to boost it hard through a low speed corner please hare your setup lol

its a pointless comparison anyways, i was just saying i think a decent civic or something would be faster when theres more bends etc than a big power big lag starlet. on a lighter note i drove an mx5 round a very tight little circuit and it was ace lol

believe it or not but im faster in my gt then i ever was in my 96 spec dc2r ( on the street ) i just thought it was boring as fuck

al the hype for noting i wish i never sold my sunny for the dc2r man what a let down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos was it Phil ? Ted, Wee John, someone else ? Only ever here of 4paws being dragged, or abandoned in gardens :D

Memories abit hazy but I'm pretty sure it was Weejohn. I'll have to look out the old pics from our toyotagtturbo Irish track meet at kirkistown

Phil

Memories abit hazy but I'm pretty sure it was Weejohn. I'll have to look out the old pics from our toyotagtturbo Irish track meet at kirkistown

Phil

Yes please, would love to see those pics.

Also man you need to try and get those guys on here, loved WeeJohns knowledge back in the UKSC days. Shame because not a lot goes on over on TGTT and i know thats where they lurk haha

Sure you had a dc2 Colin?

It must be how you were driving it lol

ha ha u fecker :-p yes indeed it was foot to the floor al the time slow as fuck nothing til u hit 6400rpm then the bhaaaaap kicked in , not much fun to be had for me !!!!!!!!! mind you i have always driven turbo sins i was legally able to drive thats probly why i dislike the dead moter til 6400rpm

6400? What the fuck? Standard b18c vtec engagement in a Jdm dc2 is 5800 somebody must have seriously fucked about with yours or your oil pressure was to low to engage it at the correct rpm ... No wonder you hated it !!!

I've mapped mine to 4900 and the limiter hits at 9600 and it's bloody fast for n/a

Edited by MARC MOSS

Yes please, would love to see those pics.

Also man you need to try and get those guys on here, loved WeeJohns knowledge back in the UKSC days. Shame because not a lot goes on over on TGTT and i know thats where they lurk haha

ah im not too sure about that now, we all still hang on toyotagtturbo and plenty of toyota action in Northern Ireland and the republic too.

Ted and Weejohn have a track Mr2 and weejohn still has his forged big turbo NOS ep85 lol and Jay Gryzor Chris Carson still kicking round, even JohnnyC checks in.

think alot of us are just abit older (not so much me johnny or chris lol) and havent the time for forum life Lol) i get dragged in to random threads too easy and waste time lol

Chris is so busy tuning EPs he doesnt have a second free and jayz garage is flat out as ever. secret steve still building forged engines and mapping away (his cousin Karl is a member on here)

But you never know aul nanglebadger could maybe organise a 'UK' meet over in isle of man or something and we could all meet there :)

Phil

It's doesn't matter about the car really, it's all down to experience, I'm my RX8 i've overtaken, STI's, Evo's Even a R8 and a R35 GTR but i''ve also had my ass handed to my by Civic Type R's and Pug 205 GTI's As long as you have fun, who really gives a fuck?

Edited by Dan507

6400? What the fuck? Standard b18c vtec engagement in a Jdm dc2 is 5800 somebody must have seriously fucked about with yours or your oil pressure was to low to engage it at the correct rpm ... No wonder you hated it !!!

I've mapped mine to 4900 and the limiter hits at 9600 and it's bloody fast for n/a

was deffo above 6000 rpm mark and limited to just befor 9k was a bit disapointing to me

Don't spend a penny on making it faster.

Set the brakes and suspension up for the track and get out there as often as you can and really learn to drive. As others have said, some cars will be faster & some slower. In your infancy on the track you'll get your arse kicked to the shithouse by so many lesser cars driven by experienced drivers.

You'll end up wasting money if you do anything beyond track essential braking, suspension and geometry upgrades. Learn to get the most out of what you have before spending more and more. Standard calipers with braided lines all round, dot 5 fluid (get it from a bike shop, it'll be cheaper) and good pads will have you out braking so many other heavy cars.

Just get out there as often as you can and learn your track skills before developing the car any further.

Edited by exhasbeen

Seems there's a lot of banter going on in here. In the right hands a starlet can upset a lot of people. On street or even on track. It all comes down to experiance, driving ability and set up (suspension, engine etc)

I've been sat next to BMW m3's and they have been embarresed that a 1.3 has kept up with them on a straight. (Currently running td04 ex gated at 0.7ish) I get torque steer even with the lsd box.

Thing with the whole civic/integra thing vs starlet, the starlet will cook itself long before a honda will. (In standard form)

The Hondas have no heat from boost and also have oil coolers as standard I believe. (Water to oil) the standard 4efte has no oil cooling at all in standard form. We all know by now it's heat that kills engines. Unfortunately the little 1.3 struggles to get rid of heat.

Remove the heat and you can drive harder for longer. That way you can upset more cars on track by not having to cool off as often.

Most things in a straight line even if you can't drive lol... It will be quick

I would race a 300 bhp starlet in my 200 bhp integra on a track all day long

Shame we didn't go on track at the same time last month lol could have settled this marc:)