what can you beat at 300 bhp??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke thats bang on .all you need my friend.

Ct9 is a great lil tuby and responds so well low revs and has a massively usable powerband.

Enjoy it and have fun

And do a trackday or two.

You will see how "slow" it is then when u beat over half the people there

Yh its quick and really want to do a track day but feel at 206bhp there is guna be alot quicker things about

Yeah there is gonna be a good few quicker cars about. If youre wanting more power then go for it, if a car you own feels slow then that takes a lot of the fun out of it imo, start to loose interest etc. Just make sure you have the handling & brakes to make a 300bhp starlet safe first haha. My old GT was TD04 @ 1.1bar (no power figure) and that was a hell of a lot of fun :)

Most things in a straight line even if you can't drive lol... It will be quick

I would race a 300 bhp starlet in my 200 bhp integra on a track all day long

marc moss sorry but nooooo way i sold my 96 dc2r for a starlet no way its faster then a 300 bhp starlet !!!! on street or track

Edited by 5e colin

im going to get shot down here lol but 300bhp in a starlet is too much. wheelspin is pretty useless.

for outright speed and acceleration in the real world 250 is the magic number - with a decent diff and suspension

in the dry you should really be looking at just about hooking up fully in 2nd gear.

my old car had 253bhp on a td04 and ported and polished head. dave burwash god rest his soul said it was

the fastest street built starlet he had ever built at the time. i was hitting full boost below 4000rpm and it was fucking awesome.

in the dry weather there really wasn't anything short of supercars that would pull on it through the gears.

x2

marc moss sorry but nooooo way i sold my 96 dc2r for a starlet no way its faster then a 300 bhp starlet !!!! on street or track

Try me man, my dc2 is setup for track and I have spent loads of time on one to know what's faster.... On street yes all day but that's what turbos are all about but on a track? Really ?

No fwd old car can compete with a dc2 integra, drivers may differ but car for car. A dc2 will out do a starlet all day long due to there independent rear suspension for a start

Rob.

It's the only fwd car I will ever speak of so highly that's not got a turbo but is capable of ruining many faster cars when handling is involved

Do you play video games? I do. Gran turismo 5 on PS3. 1997 Glanza. 249hp, 818kg. I enter and win level 20 races with it, opponents like Supra, NSX, Skyline, Impreza, etc. with around 350-400 hp. In my last race, my closest opponent was a MR2 GT-S, 5 seconds behind on 10 laps Tsukuba...
Same in GT6.
Anything higher than that I use my Mitsi 3000GT, 689hp, beats C5R, Lambo, Ferrari, Veyron...

I should say, I only win because of the matte paint...

I once overtook a mobility scooter..

Now I'm impressed! :shok:

Edited by FMuscle

It's huge money to go from 240-250 to 300bhp. If it's not going to be a regular track car and it's going to be a road car for me you have to ask yourself .. Is it worth it?

My Glanza is 237bhp and it's quick. Surprises a lot of the so called bigger cars pretty comfortably.

Sell the Glanza, buy a teg or civic and turbo that to 300bhp. Love GTs and Glanzas, but after owning both....turbo honda is a lot more fun with good handling to match.....more of a total package........ IMO before the Toyota v Honda war starts