MK1 GT - SOLD, please close.

Year:1990
Model:Mk1 GT Turbo snow edition.
Tax:Rendered useless by the time sale clears due to new laws.
MOT:March I think. Will double check.
Mileage:85k

Description:
Firstly this car will not be ready for another month or so. I know it can take time to sell a car hence the advert in advance.

I bought this mk1 from a member on the forum earlier in the year and have slowly brought it back up to standard. Since owning I have resprayed the whole car in original 040 white, chsnged the turbo set up to a td04 boosting 0.8 bar with approximately 200bhp. Along with that I fitted a front mount behind the front bumper without cutting it, I've also run the pipes as short as possible for it to be more efficient. I've fitted a SARD fuel pressure regulator which has a gauge and is set to 3 bar of pressure which is said commonly to be perfect for .8 on td04. I've also fitted a 5zigen pro racer exhaust which sounds raw and unique. I've lowered it on Kyb shocks and rsr springs. The car comes with some optional extras such as wind deflectors, illumination ignition barrel and a full set of carpets in mint condition. There is also the alpine optional speakers on the parcel shelf which are in working order. The interior in general is really tidy and original bar the steering wheel which is from a mk3 gt. I've also changed the cam belt as well as fix numerous other problems since owning this now nice example of a mk1. All the underside and behind panels is immaculate with no rust.

There is so much more to list which I will write out clearer when I'm at a desktop. However before the car is sold I will be changing the clutch as it slips a little and I will also be painting the engine bay to look as brand new. I will also be changing the tyres so that they are legal as a few have just passed the limit. I will also be flattening and polishing the whole car as I have not done this yet since painting it. I also have mk1 rear lights to put back on the car and I am also currently refurbishing the glow panel to look new again. The genuine reason for selling is I've lost interest and want to move onto a different car.

Price:
The price when finished will be listed at £3,800 although I am open to offers so don't be shy to negotiate with me, I'm very reasonable. I do already have numerous people interested so if it does come to it, the highest bidder will get the car. I may be interested in px however I think for now I'm looking for a cheap £200 knock about so don't come at me with silly requests expecting money your way.

Pictures:
20140902_054511_zpscmpxqmmq.jpg

Contact Details:
Pm me. Located in Nottingham and still in daily use.

Edited by aaddzz123

WAAAAAT .. why you sellin up so soon man

Just lost interest matey. I'm comparing it to the mk3 I used to have which was stripped out and aggressive in every way with how it drove, and that's what I missed and the reason I bought this, but I can't bring myself to ruin it by stripping the interior and welding a cage in, cutting the doors apart to be light weight and then generally being hard on it all the time. I feel someone else should take it and enjoy it for what it is, an old original soon to be classic with a few subtle but essential mods.

£3,800!!!! Bloody hell thats expensive.....

Only kidding, looks bice mate glwts

I had a feeling you might comment. I'm expecting Daniel g to pop up too lol. I'm willing to negotiate and bump the price down if I need to. I'd be a cunt to bump it up though :p. Once it's finished to the standard that I intend I feel it will be worth every penny.

Just await the abuse your get when some people see this :) was heading in a great direction ashame your selling :(

James

I'm expecting some abuse. I feel I've turned the car from a sorry state to a high standard for someone to make their own. With the stuff I wanted to do I think it would ruin it as a mk1. I think it should be kept tidy and original with subtle changes. Up to the next owner what they decide to do but I couldn't bring myself to be ruthless with it...

I do have another reason for selling up. A reason I've been keeping to myself and a few close friends for quite some time. I was going to reveal it in a video when the time was right but I've lost the motivation with video at the moment and cba with all the abuse ill get from the veterans on the forum, so here's the reason lol.

20140719_214319_zpsydlhncpf.jpg

I never sold my old gt. I've done so much to it over the past 6 months or so but still going to keep the details to myself... Selling the mk1 is to buy a shit run around and possibly finish MURX.

Just lost interest matey. I'm comparing it to the mk3 I used to have which was stripped out and aggressive in every way with how it drove, and that's what I missed and the reason I bought this, but I can't bring myself to ruin it by stripping the interior and welding a cage in, cutting the doors apart to be light weight and then generally being hard on it all the time. I feel someone else should take it and enjoy it for what it is, an old original soon to be classic with a few subtle but essential mods.

I had a feeling you might comment. I'm expecting Daniel g to pop up too lol. I'm willing to negotiate and bump the price down if I need to. I'd be a cunt to bump it up though :p. Once it's finished to the standard that I intend I feel it will be worth every penny.

I'm expecting some abuse. I feel I've turned the car from a sorry state to a high standard for someone to make their own. With the stuff I wanted to do I think it would ruin it as a mk1. I think it should be kept tidy and original with subtle changes. Up to the next owner what they decide to do but I couldn't bring myself to be ruthless with it...

I do have another reason for selling up. A reason I've been keeping to myself and a few close friends for quite some time. I was going to reveal it in a video when the time was right but I've lost the motivation with video at the moment and cba with all the abuse ill get from the veterans on the forum, so here's the reason lol.

20140719_214319_zpsydlhncpf.jpg

I never sold my old gt. I've done so much to it over the past 6 months or so but still going to keep the details to myself... Selling the mk1 is to buy a shit run around and possibly finish MURX.

You sneaky little shit ...... That takes some doing keeping something like a secret and going along with it fair play :) seriously looking forward to see what's happed was mint beforehand but now ........................ ?

James

Sneaky sneaky making us all think murx went to a new home lol :D

You sneaky little shit ...... That takes some doing keeping something like a secret and going along with it fair play :) seriously looking forward to see what's happed was mint beforehand but now ........................ ?

James

Haha it was pretty hard. Sooooooo tempting to tell everyone I still have it and hard when people said it was nice and why did you sell it. Always wanted to say not really I still have it so I could see reactions haha... But I'm happy with where it's going. I have some bigger ideas which I didn't think I would get done in time but now I might with the extra time.

cat is out f the bag now! details on MURX please haha

buy my ep80 as a run around!

You already know too much :p. And you're not really selling it? I'm planning on running jos if she gets a new whip lol.

That's well sneaky haha good luck with the sale

Wow I'm surpised lol Tako was starting to look really nice good luck to the next owner enjoy it :D

Cheers guys :)

do you know what was the production month? just wondering if i were to buy has to be 25 yrs old in sept 2015

I honestly don't know without looking at the logbook mate but I can tell you soon enough :). Can I just ask why? Lol. Presume for classic car insurance?

• 4 weeks later...