What to do with 4wd

Well I'm trying to decide what to do. I have the gt and also the ep85. Been really busy this year with buying a new house back in April and been doing it up ( new windows ect) and would like to put an extension on as I have plenty of room to. I've spent a fortune in my 82 and really happy with it and would say I'm finnished with it apart from maintaining it and enjoying it. Now the 85 I've been doing bits to but nothing really massive just coilovers, carbon bonnet and full ss exhaust

system. I have loads of parts for it and almost got a forged 5e all ready to build for it. I don't have a lot of time as self employed and work loads.

Options are keep the 85 and go ahead with the project which could take years.

Or sell the 85 and put the 5e forged block in my 82 :)

My girlfriend uses the 85 as a daily right now so would need to get another car for me to even start stripping it down.

I'm sure there's loads of you guys that have had this hard decision what did you do ?? Flip a coin?

I sold my ep95 to fund. House deposit was hard Todo at the time as I'd imported it all the way from Japan myself and only drove it for an hour just after to arrived from Japan.

But I have stunning flat and a forged glanza now I'd love to get a ep95 back at some stage but it would have to be a long project as I don't get much time to work on my car and when the cars off the road getting motivated to work on it is just so much harder

Do what i did, just leave it sitting for a few years threatening to put it back on the road lol.

Ive had my ep95 for about 4 years now and just put it on the road a few weeks ago and im glad i stuck it out and never gave up. Boosted 4paws are great little cars!

Should keep it Steven.

Ive had mine over a year now and still not even on the road yet lol. Just gather parts whilst the missus cuts about in it daily :)

just sel the 4 paw im not a fan of them they are highly overpriced and over rated keep the fwd and enjoy that :) :)

Ever had a shot of a boosted one ? :)

If your using a car for blatting about against mates etc drop the 5e in the GT.

If your going to drag/sprint or hillclimb... go big build 4wd.

Now for sheer fun if you werent to compare with anything else a 4wd ep is hard beat thats for sure.

Phil

^^^ yes and the top speed AINT great either what a waste of money way more fun to be had in a fwd

Depends what you think is fun i suppose :) Personally i find being able to put the vast majority of the power down whilst launching at 7k fun, and being able to clutch kick in a damp roundabout fun. Oh and when the snow comes there will be all sorts of mad drifting sessions going on haha :D And as for top speed about 135 is the most a standard EP*5 box will go to, the 5th gear d4d mod can be done though.

Replace the viscous coupling with a solid bar, weld the rear diff, boost the 4efe thats in it and have some fun.

Right ive been thinking about removing the VC, then it would be 50/50 power split. But theres no way im welding the diff its irreplaceable. I know it will just blow it to shreds though :/ And cornering will be interesting.

Loosing the vc will be the best thing you do to it. Ideally an lsd to replace the rear diff would be used but good luck with that lol.Cornering isnt that bad tbh. Well high speed is ok, lower speeds it tends to push forward. And obviously parking is funny

In comparison to your buddys Justy aye ? Theres a place a few miles away that do custom props and stuff so am defo thinking about it. Just annoying theres no LSDs for them.

Depends what you think is fun i suppose :) Personally i find being able to put the vast majority of the power down whilst launching at 7k fun, and being able to clutch kick in a damp roundabout fun. Oh and when the snow comes there will be all sorts of mad drifting sessions going on haha :D And as for top speed about 135 is the most a standard EP*5 box will go to, the 5th gear d4d mod can be done though.

o jeeez i started a debate ere ha ha :p

you see launching of the limiter isnt my thing attal im not a drag racer just an old wise street granny :) :)

o jeeez i started a debate ere ha ha :p

you see launching of the limiter isnt my thing attal im not a drag racer just an old wise street granny :) :)

Nah no debate here lol. Its a forum we all have different views and stuff. There is a lot of fun to be had in FWD starlets i agree, and N/a starlets :)

In comparison to your buddys Justy aye ? Theres a place a few miles away that do custom props and stuff so am defo thinking about it. Just annoying theres no LSDs for them.

Yeah lol

He wouldn't go back to the VC the 80f 20r split was shocking. Was basically dragging the extra weight around with no real benifit, knocked off 0.5sec off his 1/4. Think he is now looking at a front and rear lsd upgrade now though so should make it much happier for day to day use and less likely to push forward on tight corners.

Yeah lol

He wouldn't go back to the VC the 80f 20r split was shocking. Was basically dragging the extra weight around with no real benifit, knocked off 0.5sec off his 1/4. Think he is now looking at a front and rear lsd upgrade now though so should make it much happier for day to day use and less likely to push forward on tight corners.

Dont think its as bad as 80/20 on the EP*5s, more like 60/40 apparently but duno where that info came from in the first place haha.