Engine removal out the top......advice please?

Hi guys taking the engine out my glanza it's gotta come out the top as I only hav a small garage and can't get the car high enough, can you leave the gear box in the car or is it easier to take it out with the motor? Also looks like the batter tray is going to get on the way! Can any on provide so good advice? Thanks

Hello mate I actually took my engine out from the bottom and wasn't using a ramp either, took some advice jacked the car up each side as far as it went and used axle stands yes the front of the car was up really high, so handbrake on and blocks in rear wheels also had supports underneath the car to be even safer just in case anything gave way all sensors out and pipes off etc, rad off drained water, oil, then gear box oil, front wheels off, to get drive shafts out then engine crane to lower it to the floor and pulled it out underneath (with front bumper off of course up to you though mate I just prefer doing it this way 👍

As above i also took out of the bottom and pulled it out on the jack with the front end up in the air, from the top you'll have to take it out at and angle to get the gearbox past the battery tray like you said , just takes a bit of perseverance , if you had a smaller garage would it not be easier to take of bottom because time you jack engine hoist up it's got to go pretty high !

I'm taking mine out this weekend and wondering the same. Out the top or bottom. Alot of people say its easier out the the top and others out the bottom. I have access to a crane so could do both. My worry is that i wont be able to get the car high enough on a jack and axle stands to drop it out the bottom

I've taken mine out from the top but i took the gearbox off first, I can say i cause myself more stress and time doing it that way and I definitely learnt from that experience! if i had to do it again id drop it out the bottom with the gearbox attached then remove the gearbox.