My starlet glanza rep 4efe-t build

I'll see how they stack up price wise against the kumos as I havnt looked at prices yet but definitely an option :)

There's a set for 305 I think on ebay everyone has said decent things about them tyres too:)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an update, ordered some slotted discs from Id workz ordering pads next month thinking of going with yellow stuff? Anyways thinking of trying the 4efte ecu with the 4efe engine if anyone has any tips please share cheers. Also lowed the front more so got some photos with the new camera enjoy!

post-12655-14516902297572_thumb.jpgpost-12655-14516902383375_thumb.jpgpost-12655-14516902451874_thumb.jpg

Looks lovely mate :) really nice job. What spacers are you running?

i bet you get people thinking its a glanza at track days. They'd probably be even more surprised on track if it looked like an NA and you were staying with them ha ha

Looks lovely mate :) really nice job. What spacers are you running?

i bet you get people thinking its a glanza at track days. They'd probably be even more surprised on track if it looked like an NA and you were staying with them ha ha

Not running any buddy:) and probably do have bonnet open to let it cool and have a an glanza s sticker on back lol

Looks real smart bud, don't the 4efte ecu use an extra plug to the na?

Honstely don't know just some people say you can use the ecu or something on the na?

They look great mate, I'm sticking with the speedlines so am going to need spacers :/ to the uneducated they'd still think it was a v. Get some more track vids up!

I will mate bought a gopro for it:) going in may be fully stripped alot better breaks and tyres as well:)

from memory buddy, the 4efe is a 2 plug and the 4efte in a glanza is 3. I think some early gt's maybe had 2 however you may struggle as the wiring looms are different in the jap specs as i remember a few years back a few people trying the glanza s ecu which also uses the 4efe but apparently dont work in the uk spec. I could be totally wrong though so be good to hear if anyone knows different..

from memory buddy, the 4efe is a 2 plug and the 4efte in a glanza is 3. I think some early gt's maybe had 2 however you may struggle as the wiring looms are different in the jap specs as i remember a few years back a few people trying the glanza s ecu which also uses the 4efe but apparently dont work in the uk spec. I could be totally wrong though so be good to hear if anyone knows different..

Ah probably won't be worth it if it worked be alot of messing around by sounds of it cheers anyway buddy :)

i think i recall someone saying you can get a ECU from a standard na that had 100 hp from the factory? think it was from an ep82 or something?

I believe they did come in the jdm ep82:)

I looked into it and for all the time and effort and money you may aswell just go for an emanage. There's one going on here at the moment that I'm looking at, it's from a glanza so not sure if it'd fit but it's cheap enough.

Edited by Pikey009

I'm not sure mate that's what I'm trying to find out but TD charge 250 for fitting and mapping so I'd only be saving 70 over a brand new kit supplied fitted and mapped by them. And I'd have no come back of something wasn't right with the second hand unit :/

Yeh that's right mate so not too bad. It's 540 brand new with everything and mapped but if I bought the second hand emb and then got TD to map it it'd still be 450. so I was wrong it'd be £90 more to go for a brand new one but then you've got a warranty and a guarantee if anything went wrong.

Edited by Pikey009

Not much of an update but my new discs came today! The turbo kit came yesterday but I'm focused on handling now, also what's past break pads for standard glanza break calipers? Was thinking yellow stuff? Cheers!

Posted Image