My starlet glanza rep 4efe-t build

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advancing makes top end power better, retarding gives more torque lower in the revs. within certain parameters, basically a trade off for what you want

Cheers for that don't think I'm gunna do it asked on here said no point lol

How hard was it to fit the Corolla mani? I'm pretty compitant but just wondered if there are any 'need to knows'? Heard there's a bit of hose that isn't long enough or something. Managed to bag myself an inlet tonight on eBay.

Also, I know this sounds daft but mine felt really 'laggy' (I know that's really a term for turbos) so I had a poke around and found my throttle cable was pretty slack. After adjusting it the car felt so much more responsive it was worlds apart. Worth checking on these older cars.

Edited by Pikey009

How hard was it to fit the Corolla mani? I'm pretty compitant but just wondered if there are any 'need to knows'? Heard there's a bit of hose that isn't long enough or something. Managed to bag myself an inlet tonight on eBay.

Also, I know this sounds daft but mine felt really 'laggy' (I know that's really a term for turbos) so I had a poke around and found my throttle cable was pretty slack. After adjusting it the car felt so much more responsive it was worlds apart. Worth checking on these older cars.

Pretty easy just need one hose i believe it's the one on the back of the inlet as the stock one didn't reach bottom two bolts are a bitch to get though!

Pretty easy just need one hose i believe it's the one on the back of the inlet as the stock one didn't reach bottom two bolts are a bitch to get though!

yes you'll need about a 300mm length of vacuum hose for off the back, to the idle control valve. i had to get a mechanic mate to bring his special wobbly sockets down to undo the bottom bolts on the stock inlet. absolute biatch to undo.

yes you'll need about a 300mm length of vacuum hose for off the back, to the idle control valve. i had to get a mechanic mate to bring his special wobbly sockets down to undo the bottom bolts on the stock inlet. absolute biatch to undo.

Cheers for that matey! Was over a year ago when I did mine so kinds forgot lol and yeah there an absolute nightmare to get too!

would you guys recommend getting a new corolla manifold gasket for fitting or does the starlet one fit? i'll be fitting my mani this weekend all being well so just need to make sure ive got everything

the starlet one will do as there both 4efe