Charlie28's 295.3BHP@1.4Bar Forged Greddy Turbo'd Glanza

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Few bits done over the weekend! So glad the weather is starting to get better! Beats being outside with numb hands!

Gauge and sensors fitted :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a temperature issue at the moment, which I hope will be resolved with a new thermostat! Fingers crossed! Also sorted a brake leak on the abs removal kit I've installed.

Ever time I left my car for more than 3 months or so without use I thermostat always seemed to seize, how long before mapping and did you decide what to do with p/s

Well once the temp issue is sorted i just need to bleed the brakes and get the car out of the road to run the engine in and get an MOT!

Then mapping!

Decided to just leave it in for now bud, something i can do in the summer :)

So I've been having water temp issues, gauge on dash was providing an incorrect reading and the car was running awful! I though the problem lay in the thermostat originally but after replacing and testing the old one it that worked perfectly. That just left the water temperature sensor which I had purchased new off the net! I think the person I purchased the sensor off provided me with one from a Subaru, anyway it didn't seem to like it! So got a second hand sensor off socks and that solved the problem!

Got out in the car today! Small oil leak from the cam cover to sort out and that's about it :)

Posted Image

Couple of quick updates!

Ordered myself a AEM wideband and got that fitted last week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RobSR came over this weekend and helped me sort out a vacuum leak which was causing the engine to hunt for revs! Cheers bud!

Also got round to fitting my fresh rocker cover :)

Posted Image

Car went for an MOT today and is running great! Can't believe how aggressive the Cusco diff's are!!

Need to order a new half rad fan as my ID workz one decided to eat itself!

df5f9010c498e7a8f13e4b636e41e710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charlie28

Mapping is booked for the 30th @ Tuning Developments :)

Running in is going well, few little things i need to sort out!

Speedo isn't working and causing the engine management light to be on.

Small leak from the cam cover seal (need to replace with a genuine item)

Radiator fan needs replacing.

One of the AUX belts is squeaking at low revs, which is annoying the heck out of me!

But will hopefully sort the speedo this weekend!

^ was something on the inlet somewhere as they all came off.

Starlets are pigs for idling once you've had everything off them and the engine out anyways. Always takes themselves a while to sort themselves out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've had nothing but issues as per usual with the starlet!

Speedo issued resolved as the cable had come unconnected from the back of the cluster after i pulled through the wires for the gauges.

But the engine management light remained on! Did another diagnostic test and the knock sensor was bad! £100 later and the car has no engine management lights and is running good again!

The radiator then decided to start leaking coolant after replacing the rad fan! So I replaced it with a new triple core rad

Posted Image

I then have the bottom port moved to the middle of the rad to avoid close contact with the downpipe!

Posted Image

I then managed to pick up 4xAvon CR500's tyres as my coilovers have seized and I couldn't raise the car up to fit a 50 profile tyre on and the Avon's are the only 195/45/15 semi slick made! So I took a trip down to Southampton to collect and managed to do this outside the blokes house!!

Posted Image

Could of cried!

Just a couple of minor issues to sort before mapping sat! Wish me luck!

The day finally came to head up to TD with Rob for mapping!

Posted Image

After a couple of issues with the boost controller Nick at TD got her on dyno

Posted Image

Car made 295.3bhp @ 1.4bar - the car had more but was suffering from a misfire so we called it a day!

Posted Image

Happy to say the least! :)