Charlie28's 295.3BHP@1.4Bar Forged Greddy Turbo'd Glanza

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last night myself and RobSR fitted a new cambelt and managed to get the timing right! Unfortunately the engines making a noise which we suspect is the bottom end :( not having much luck at all!

Well last night myself and RobSR fitted a new cambelt and managed to get the timing right! Unfortunately the engines making a noise which we suspect is the bottom end :( not having much luck at all!

Fuck sakeeeeee! Between all us local lot we have loads of engine spares man, find out what you need and fire me a message. Starting to feel for you now

oh dear, not having the best of luck bud :( doesnt surprise me the engines no good though

You really are a first class Clown, Ollie.....

You need to stop being a little crybaby on this forum.

You've had your say & your own topic, facebook cry, tried to brand me as a con-artist on every available social media platform at your disposal, on your issues with me.

A little dig or a further twist of the dagger each chance you get is just getting pathetic...

Grow Up...

Moving Forward...

Here's the engine running pre-removal...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZmKKOTtMw

Driven. Compression Tested. No Visible or Audible Issues.. Or I wouldn't have driven 100's of miles to deliver it in person to Charlie to try and help him out. After the way he had been treated by someone who has turned out to be a definite scammer?

I've spoken to Charlie. As im as gutted/puzzled as he is.

Not priming the engine oil system with oil may have played a part of its demise. I've asked Charlie to keep me posted on progress as the sound is coming from lower cambelt side of the engine. The cambelt kit is also new, so sump is coming off next to confirm the worst.

Either way, ill offer the best help and support I can...As I do with all my customers. :)

As mentioned was over there the other night, does sound like its bottom end related after removing other parts it could of been to eliminate it unfortunately. Like said, take it out and send everything to a machine shop with new piston's as the old ones were scored quite badly. Make a good'un out the two you have :thumbsup:

Cheap wiescos here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Forged-Pistons-Toyota-Starlet-Glanza-EP82-EP91-4E-5E-Turbo-8-5-1-74-5mm-/231518555284?hash=item35e794cc94&vxp=mtr

Quick update!

Got the engine back out again at the weekend

c9ae685a8509f2e2ad3a72a2cabd1c79.jpg

cd66d9a484a08482279c9a40ea21873f.jpg

And made a phone call to Rob Barnard who built Abbots engine and some engines for the legendary Dave Burwash!

Should hopefully be dropping both engines that I have down next weekend for Rob to build me something :)

Also made a few purchases so they should turn up next week also :)

Edited by Charlie28

did you prime the engine before starting?

it takes a good while turning over before the engine is ready to start ( best way is to remove efi fuse)

just make sure you do it on the new one.

I always do it if i dont start the car for more than a couple of weeks.

did you prime the engine before starting?

it takes a good while turning over before the engine is ready to start ( best way is to remove efi fuse)

just make sure you do it on the new one.

I always do it if i dont start the car for more than a couple of weeks.

Yeah I removed EFI and primed until oil pressure light went off. So not sure how the knocking started but ah well! Just not got the best of luck!

Loaded the Audi up this evening with 2 engines!! Think it may be over loaded slightly! Off to see Rob tomorrow morning and let him get started building me a new forged engine!

Posted Image

Also a cheeky picture of something else I picked up recently!

Posted Image