Help- Before i break my f**cking glanza

Right guy's im very close to breaking my project as im having problems and cant seem to find out what it is, Brought a gt engine to go in my ep91, fitted it all and she turns over but wont fire, she has fuel and spark, timing is correct and so is ignition timing, have checked all the earths and they seem fine. Today went to try and jump start her and smoke started pouring out of the alternator, all hooked up correctly so no issues there, sick and tired of trying to find this issue, if i cant sort it out im breaking her for parts and moving on but after the time, money and effort ive put in so far im desperate to get her running, anyone have any ideas whatsoever

Ive tried everything atm mate and just getting fed up, could break her for £4k and buy another one thats running. Im going to try alternator and new leads and plugs then im going to call it a day as i need a car as my other is going soon

spark and fuel is fine bud, and compression is fine aswell

I have standard fuel pressure regulator so cant check that at the moment, yeah compression was fine and equal across all cylinders when checked and doesn't make any difference with throttle open =/

Have you put the starter and alternator straps on the wrong way, ie each other ?

I could well have but would it still crank if these were wrong way around?

yeah i will take a look, leads were second hand off here so will be trying different ones to be 100%, i reckon its the wiring myself as it was all hacked when i got the shell but looked through it all and it seems fine

Just out of curiosity how long do you turn it over for. Because one morning i went out to go to work and my gt wouldn't start. It turned over everything then with about 30/40 secs of constant turning over it started. I then later found out that the coolant temp sensor had broke. When it got warm it was fine. Worth a check